Montana State Student Dies In London - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Montana State Student Dies In London

BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) - A Montana State University student who was on an academic spring break trip to London has died in a fall.
   
MSU spokesman Traci Ellig says 24-year-old Aaron Plowman apparently climbed onto the roof of an abandoned building early Friday and died in a fall after the roof collapsed.
   
Plowman was a senior English major from Soulsbyville, Calif.
   
London Metropolitan Police responded and told MSU officials that Plowman's death was accidental.
   
Plowman was one of 14 students on the 10-day "Shakespeare's England" trip led by Gretchen Minton, an associate professor of English.  Ellig says the other students on the trip have returned to Bozeman.
   
Last May, associate professor Betsy Palmer died of injuries suffered in a landslide during an MSU study abroad trip to Nepal.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Searchers return to campsite where toddler went missing

    Searchers return to campsite where toddler went missing

    Sunday, May 21 2017 5:45 PM EDT2017-05-21 21:45:55 GMT

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Almost two years after a toddler disappeared during a camping trip with his family, investigators plan to return to the campsite to search for new evidence.  Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner told KTVB-TV last week that deputies will return to the campground outside of Leadore, Idaho once the weather improves.

    >>

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Almost two years after a toddler disappeared during a camping trip with his family, investigators plan to return to the campsite to search for new evidence.  Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner told KTVB-TV last week that deputies will return to the campground outside of Leadore, Idaho once the weather improves.

    >>
  • WATCH: Mom's video warning others of tick paralysis goes viral

    WATCH: Mom's video warning others of tick paralysis goes viral

    Sunday, May 21 2017 7:13 PM EDT2017-05-21 23:13:48 GMT

    LA GRANDE, Ore. - We've told you about tick paralysis before on KHQ, but one Oregon mother's scary video of her daughter showing the effects of tick paralysis has gone viral on Facebook since it was first posted last week.

    >>

    LA GRANDE, Ore. - We've told you about tick paralysis before on KHQ, but one Oregon mother's scary video of her daughter showing the effects of tick paralysis has gone viral on Facebook since it was first posted last week.

    >>
  • Spokane cat is probably bigger than your dog

    Spokane cat is probably bigger than your dog

    Monday, May 22 2017 3:03 PM EDT2017-05-22 19:03:45 GMT

    KHQ.COM - An average house cat weighs between 7-10 pounds but one Spokane woman has a cat whose size is almost unheard of. Out of the corner of your eye, Ollie might be mistaken for a dog... he's that big! Not your normal house cat, Ollie is a Savannah cat, a hybrid breed that's a cross between a serval cat and a domestic cat. So while it's not surprising that he's bigger than a domestic cat, his size is still shocking.

    >>

    KHQ.COM - An average house cat weighs between 7-10 pounds but one Spokane woman has a cat whose size is almost unheard of. Out of the corner of your eye, Ollie might be mistaken for a dog... he's that big! Not your normal house cat, Ollie is a Savannah cat, a hybrid breed that's a cross between a serval cat and a domestic cat. So while it's not surprising that he's bigger than a domestic cat, his size is still shocking.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • UK police: 'a number of fatalities' at Grande concert

    UK police: 'a number of fatalities' at Grande concert

    Monday, May 22 2017 7:01 PM EDT2017-05-22 23:01:30 GMT

    LONDON (AP) - Police says there are "a number of fatalities" after reports of an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in northern England.      Police advised the public to avoid the area around the Manchester Arena Monday night.      There were no immediate details of what happened during the concert by the American singer.

    >>

    LONDON (AP) - Police says there are "a number of fatalities" after reports of an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in northern England.      Police advised the public to avoid the area around the Manchester Arena Monday night.      There were no immediate details of what happened during the concert by the American singer.

    >>
  • Fairchild AFB to hold public meeting on contamination

    Fairchild AFB to hold public meeting on contamination

    Monday, May 22 2017 6:55 PM EDT2017-05-22 22:55:55 GMT

    FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. - Fairchild Air Force Base says they will be hosting a Water Contamination Public meeting on Tuesday, May 23, at 6 p.m. in the Medical Lake High School gymnasium. Experts will be on hand from Fairchild, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Environmental Protection Agency and Spokane Regional Health District to provide additional information and address questions and concerns.

    >>

    FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. - Fairchild Air Force Base says they will be hosting a Water Contamination Public meeting on Tuesday, May 23, at 6 p.m. in the Medical Lake High School gymnasium. Experts will be on hand from Fairchild, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Environmental Protection Agency and Spokane Regional Health District to provide additional information and address questions and concerns.

    >>
  • Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese

    Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese

    Monday, May 22 2017 6:26 PM EDT2017-05-22 22:26:29 GMT

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California authorities say one man is dead in an apparent botulism outbreak stemming from nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station. Health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip.      Authorities did not identify the dead man.

    >>

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California authorities say one man is dead in an apparent botulism outbreak stemming from nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station. Health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip.      Authorities did not identify the dead man.

    >>