Dunkin' Donuts Patron Sounds Carbon Monoxide Alarm - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Dunkin' Donuts Patron Sounds Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Posted: Updated:

CARLE PLACE, N.Y. (AP) - A Dunkin' Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.

Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.

The tech's detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.

The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Searchers return to campsite where toddler went missing

    Searchers return to campsite where toddler went missing

    Sunday, May 21 2017 5:45 PM EDT2017-05-21 21:45:55 GMT

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Almost two years after a toddler disappeared during a camping trip with his family, investigators plan to return to the campsite to search for new evidence.  Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner told KTVB-TV last week that deputies will return to the campground outside of Leadore, Idaho once the weather improves.

    >>

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Almost two years after a toddler disappeared during a camping trip with his family, investigators plan to return to the campsite to search for new evidence.  Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner told KTVB-TV last week that deputies will return to the campground outside of Leadore, Idaho once the weather improves.

    >>
  • WATCH: Mom's video warning others of tick paralysis goes viral

    WATCH: Mom's video warning others of tick paralysis goes viral

    Sunday, May 21 2017 7:13 PM EDT2017-05-21 23:13:48 GMT

    LA GRANDE, Ore. - We've told you about tick paralysis before on KHQ, but one Oregon mother's scary video of her daughter showing the effects of tick paralysis has gone viral on Facebook since it was first posted last week.

    >>

    LA GRANDE, Ore. - We've told you about tick paralysis before on KHQ, but one Oregon mother's scary video of her daughter showing the effects of tick paralysis has gone viral on Facebook since it was first posted last week.

    >>
  • Spokane cat is probably bigger than your dog

    Spokane cat is probably bigger than your dog

    Monday, May 22 2017 3:03 PM EDT2017-05-22 19:03:45 GMT

    KHQ.COM - An average house cat weighs between 7-10 pounds but one Spokane woman has a cat whose size is almost unheard of. Out of the corner of your eye, Ollie might be mistaken for a dog... he's that big! Not your normal house cat, Ollie is a Savannah cat, a hybrid breed that's a cross between a serval cat and a domestic cat. So while it's not surprising that he's bigger than a domestic cat, his size is still shocking.

    >>

    KHQ.COM - An average house cat weighs between 7-10 pounds but one Spokane woman has a cat whose size is almost unheard of. Out of the corner of your eye, Ollie might be mistaken for a dog... he's that big! Not your normal house cat, Ollie is a Savannah cat, a hybrid breed that's a cross between a serval cat and a domestic cat. So while it's not surprising that he's bigger than a domestic cat, his size is still shocking.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • UK police: 19 dead at Ariana Grande concert after explosion

    UK police: 19 dead at Ariana Grande concert after explosion

    Monday, May 22 2017 8:23 PM EDT2017-05-23 00:23:02 GMT

    LONDON (AP) - Update: Manchester Police released further details about an explosion at an Ariana Grande Concert Monday. Police say just after 10:30 p.m. Monday, police were called to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena. So far 19 people have been confirmed dead with about 50 others injured. 

    >>

    LONDON (AP) - Update: Manchester Police released further details about an explosion at an Ariana Grande Concert Monday. Police say just after 10:30 p.m. Monday, police were called to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena. So far 19 people have been confirmed dead with about 50 others injured. 

    >>
  • Fairchild AFB to hold public meeting on contamination

    Fairchild AFB to hold public meeting on contamination

    Monday, May 22 2017 6:55 PM EDT2017-05-22 22:55:55 GMT

    FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. - Fairchild Air Force Base says they will be hosting a Water Contamination Public meeting on Tuesday, May 23, at 6 p.m. in the Medical Lake High School gymnasium. Experts will be on hand from Fairchild, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Environmental Protection Agency and Spokane Regional Health District to provide additional information and address questions and concerns.

    >>

    FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. - Fairchild Air Force Base says they will be hosting a Water Contamination Public meeting on Tuesday, May 23, at 6 p.m. in the Medical Lake High School gymnasium. Experts will be on hand from Fairchild, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Environmental Protection Agency and Spokane Regional Health District to provide additional information and address questions and concerns.

    >>
  • Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese

    Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese

    Monday, May 22 2017 6:26 PM EDT2017-05-22 22:26:29 GMT

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California authorities say one man is dead in an apparent botulism outbreak stemming from nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station. Health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip.      Authorities did not identify the dead man.

    >>

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California authorities say one man is dead in an apparent botulism outbreak stemming from nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station. Health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip.      Authorities did not identify the dead man.

    >>