Charge filed against dad in 1983 toddler killing - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Charge filed against dad in 1983 toddler killing

Posted: Updated:
Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983. Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983.
TACOMA, Wash. -

Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983.

Prosecutors said Tuesday that a warrant has been issued for Stanley Guidroz to return to Washington to face the charge. Guidroz is currently serving time in a Louisiana prison for murdering his wife, who is not the boy's mom.

Guidroz reported his son, Wallace Guidroz, missing in 1983. He told police the boy went missing at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma and that he believed another family took his son.

Charging documents say Guidroz was also a suspect but police couldn't tie him to his son's disappearance. Guidroz left the state in 1984.

In 2011, a Tacoma detective interviewed Guidroz in Louisiana after learning he had been arrested there for his wife's murder.

According to court documents, Guidroz told police he hit his son because the boy was fussing in his high chair. He said he buried his son near the Tacoma waterfront before reporting him missing.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • New York State illegally moving convicted sex offenders from prisons into group homes with the developmentally disabled

    New York State illegally moving convicted sex offenders from prisons into group homes with the developmentally disabled

    Thursday, September 20 2018 9:14 AM EDT2018-09-20 13:14:31 GMT
    Three State agencies are involved in placing convicted sex offenders in group homes or hiding this information from the families and the general public>>
    Three State agencies are involved in placing convicted sex offenders in group homes or hiding this information from the families and the general public>>
  • Cold Case: The Missing Wedding Guest

    Cold Case: The Missing Wedding Guest

    Sunday, September 23 2018 11:39 PM EDT2018-09-24 03:39:50 GMT

    STEVENS COUNTY, Wash. - It's been nearly two years since anyone has seen or heard from Paul Brazeau. He was last seen at his son's wedding. His brokenhearted family reached out to KHQ's Hayley Guenthner with a letter asking for his case to be featured in our Q6 Cold Case series. The day Paul vanished started out so wonderful. "It was a happy day," said Paul's aunt Georgine Glatt. 

    >>

    STEVENS COUNTY, Wash. - It's been nearly two years since anyone has seen or heard from Paul Brazeau. He was last seen at his son's wedding. His brokenhearted family reached out to KHQ's Hayley Guenthner with a letter asking for his case to be featured in our Q6 Cold Case series. The day Paul vanished started out so wonderful. "It was a happy day," said Paul's aunt Georgine Glatt. 

    >>
  • State defends no-jail sentence in Anchorage assault case

    State defends no-jail sentence in Anchorage assault case

    Sunday, September 23 2018 7:06 PM EDT2018-09-23 23:06:59 GMT

    ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - The Alaska Department of Law stood by a judge’s sentence that calls for no jail time for an Anchorage man who authorities say offered a woman a ride and choked her until she was unconscious. Justin Schneider, 34, pleaded guilty to one count of felony assault in the case. A kidnapping charge was dropped as part of the plea deal. 

    >>

    ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - The Alaska Department of Law stood by a judge’s sentence that calls for no jail time for an Anchorage man who authorities say offered a woman a ride and choked her until she was unconscious. Justin Schneider, 34, pleaded guilty to one count of felony assault in the case. A kidnapping charge was dropped as part of the plea deal. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Celine Dion to end Las Vegas concert residency next year

    Celine Dion to end Las Vegas concert residency next year

    Monday, September 24 2018 12:07 PM EDT2018-09-24 16:07:46 GMT

    Celine Dion has announced she will end her Las Vegas residency next year.    The singer announced on social media Monday that she will leave Caesars Palace in June 2019.    Dion says the decision brings mixed emotions as the Colosseum venue has been a big part of her life for the past 20 years.    This will mark the end of her second long-running residency at Caesars Palace.    Dion has performed nearly 1,100 shows there since 2003. 

    >>

    Celine Dion has announced she will end her Las Vegas residency next year.    The singer announced on social media Monday that she will leave Caesars Palace in June 2019.    Dion says the decision brings mixed emotions as the Colosseum venue has been a big part of her life for the past 20 years.    This will mark the end of her second long-running residency at Caesars Palace.    Dion has performed nearly 1,100 shows there since 2003. 

    >>
  • Party City unveils "Ghosted" costume for Halloween

    Party City unveils "Ghosted" costume for Halloween

    Monday, September 24 2018 11:40 AM EDT2018-09-24 15:40:10 GMT
    Your worst dating nightmares can now be your Halloween costume.   Party City is currently selling a "Ghosted" costume for Halloween, referencing a term where a date suddenly begins ignoring your texts, never to reply again.  The costume has gone viral on Twitter this week, and is vaguely shaped like a ghost, with a price of $24.99. >>
    Your worst dating nightmares can now be your Halloween costume.   Party City is currently selling a "Ghosted" costume for Halloween, referencing a term where a date suddenly begins ignoring your texts, never to reply again.  The costume has gone viral on Twitter this week, and is vaguely shaped like a ghost, with a price of $24.99. >>
  • 3D gun advocate accused of sex with minor freed on bond

    3D gun advocate accused of sex with minor freed on bond

    Monday, September 24 2018 11:34 AM EDT2018-09-24 15:34:58 GMT

    HOUSTON, Texas - The owner of a Texas company that sells plans to make untraceable 3-D printed guns is free on bond after being accused by authorities of having sex with an underage girl. Jail records show 30-year-old Cody Wilson was freed Sunday evening from the Harris County Jail in Houston after posting a $150,000 bond.  

    >>

    HOUSTON, Texas - The owner of a Texas company that sells plans to make untraceable 3-D printed guns is free on bond after being accused by authorities of having sex with an underage girl. Jail records show 30-year-old Cody Wilson was freed Sunday evening from the Harris County Jail in Houston after posting a $150,000 bond.  

    >>