Help Me Hayley: Man says Spokane dry cleaner misplaced all his c - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Help Me Hayley: Man says Spokane dry cleaner misplaced all his clothes

A man says a local dry cleaner company misplaced the majority of his professional wardrobe. He reached out to KHQ's Hayley Guenthner and asked for help

Stan Knox dropped off several shirts to the Beacon Cleaners on Spokane's South Hill. He said when he went to pick them up, he was told the company had no record of his stuff.

"I just want my clothes," he said.

Stan admits he didn't do himself any favors by losing his receipt.

"(The employee) went to try to find the clothes for me," he said. "She told me they weren't there. She advised me to check my closet at home."

Stan was adamant the mix up was not on his end.

"She wasn't trying to help me any further past that," he said.

But Hayley Guenthner certainly was. Stan reached and she got right to work, First going to the Beacon Cleaners location in person and making phone calls. Hayley too was initially Told by staff that they had no record of Stan's stuff. She then tracked down the owner who assured her he'd look into it. Within a few hours, good news came.

"I got a call from the owner I believe," Stan said. "He told me they found my clothes. They didn't have a tag on them. If you all wouldn't have helped me out, I don't think I'd have my clothes."

We investigated how this even happened. Staff said Stan's clothes somehow got lumped together with another customer's in a bag. The business has taken immediate action to ensure this doesn't happen again. They have new bags for clothing with a sealed pouch for a name tag.

The owner of Beacon Cleaners did have each staff member involved write up an explanation and summary of the incident.

He says he's confident the new bags will prevent anything like this from happening again.

New York State illegally moving convicted sex offenders from prisons into group homes with the developmentally disabled

Thursday, September 20 2018 9:14 AM EDT2018-09-20 13:14:31 GMT
    Three State agencies are involved in placing convicted sex offenders in group homes or hiding this information from the families and the general public>>

DVR cuts ties with contractor, leaving hundreds of disabled people hanging in Spokane

Saturday, September 22 2018 1:30 AM EDT2018-09-22 05:30:53 GMT

SPOKANE, Wash. - The State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) is a life-changing resource for hundreds of disabled people in Spokane. Finding them jobs, counseling and places to live. A big part of the agency's mission is at a standstill after DVR cut ties with one of it's major contractors without warning. For twenty-seven years, Compass has been a one-stop shop for launching disabled and disadvantaged residents on a path to a better, independent life.

Coeur d'Alene woman's quick thinking saves her from identity theft

Friday, September 21 2018 10:12 PM EDT2018-09-22 02:12:34 GMT

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Surveillance video obtained by KHQ from the McDonald’s in Spokane Valley shows an alleged thief who Krystalynn Tekancic says broke into her home while she was moving. "We're pretty sure that the person who broke in my house while I was home and they took my laptop and my phone and a few personal items,” Tekancic said.

Raccoon scales N.J. building, jumps off, acts like it was nothing

Saturday, September 22 2018 2:16 PM EDT2018-09-22 18:16:24 GMT

OCEAN CITY, N.J. - A raccoon in New Jersey appears to have one-upped the infamous #MPRRaccoon. According to Fox 29, a South Carolina man caught video of a raccoon scaling the wall up about nine stories of an apartment building in Ocean City. Onlookers in the video gasp as the raccoon decides to abruptly end his ascent and dismounts, executing a sweet spinning back-flip before landing in some sand.

Four hospitalized in military vehicle crash on I-90 in Kittitas County

Saturday, September 22 2018 1:33 PM EDT2018-09-22 17:33:46 GMT

KITTITAS COUNTY, Wash. - A military vehicle was involved in a collision on eastbound I-90 that sent four to the hospital with injuries in Kittitas County Saturday morning. Washington State Patrols responded to scene around 7:30 a.m. near milepost 125 near the Ryegrass Hill rest area. It was reported that the military vehicle was conducting training exercises when it rolled down an embankment onto I-90.

Retired Montana athletic trainer admits to sexual abuse of student-athletes

Saturday, September 22 2018 1:06 PM EDT2018-09-22 17:06:11 GMT

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - The Latest on a former Montana high school athletic trainer being sued for sexually abusing athletes (all times local):    2:50 p.m. A former Montana high school athletic trainer has apologized to student-athletes via media interviews after they accused him of sexual abuse in the community of Miles City that lasted for decades.