Disabled Spokane Valley woman's car left on blocks by bogus mech - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Disabled Spokane Valley woman's car left on blocks by bogus mechanic

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. -

A woman with severe health issues was left heartbroken after a scammer promised to fix her car, but instead left it abandoned on blocks. She said she was getting no results on her own, so she said "Help Me Hayley."

"Those are my legs," Patti Bradley said of her car. "I gotta have it."

Patti has herniated discs in her back and even short walks might as well be a marathon. She's told us she lives in constant pain.

"It's awful," she said.

She relies heavily on her car to get to various appointments. She said it need some work. She was ecstatic when a friend of a friend offered to do it at a price she could afford.

"I felt so betrayed," she said. "I paid him $100, and then never heard from him since."

The man left her car on blocks. She can't even drive it to a mechanic. She's been left making a painful walk to her bus stop.

"That's about all I can take," she said.

She reached out to Hayley Guenthner who posted about Patti's heartbreaking situation on social media. Within an hour, offers to help poured in.

"Spokane people are the best I've met," she said. "Thanks for being there for me."

Multiple people have connect with Patti offering their services. The good Samaritans are set to come by Tuesday to scope it out.

Police impersonator attempts to pull over Spokane woman

Monday, September 17 2018 8:45 PM EDT2018-09-18 00:45:37 GMT

SPOKANE, Wash. - "He told me to pull over, and my jaw just dropped," a Spokane woman, who says a fake police officer tried to pull her over, doesn't want to be named. In fear, this could happen again. "It really scared me and kind of threw me off that night. I don't even want to drive by myself anymore," she said. She tells me that she was driving around North Spokane at night on her way home from work.

Report: Olympia woman refuses to pull over for WSP trooper because she drives a Prius

Monday, September 17 2018 1:45 PM EDT2018-09-17 17:45:44 GMT

MARYSVILLE, Wash. - An Olympia woman wouldn't pull over for a Washington State Patrol trooper because she drives a Prius, according to an arrest report.

Man accused of assault after putting wife with dementia on leash

Tuesday, September 18 2018 10:40 AM EDT2018-09-18 14:40:20 GMT

A Maryland man is facing a simple assault charge after using a dog leash to lead his wife around a Pennsylvania fair because she has late-stage dementia.    West Manchester police say Walter Wolford yanked the 8-inch long red nylon leash, causing his wife's head to jerk back and leave red marks around her throat. But the 66-year-old Hagerstown man says he only gently tugged on the leash, which he uses to keep his wife from getting lost.

Local veterans lend a helping hand after Hurricane Florence

Tuesday, September 18 2018 7:24 PM EDT2018-09-18 23:24:17 GMT

SPOKANE, Wash. - When disaster strikes, the Veterans Community Response Team is there to help. For Andy Hail and Matthew Litten, disaster zones are where they feel most at home. "It gives men like us the opportunity and the hope in life that there is something more we can do," Litten said. They are part of a team of four that are packing their bags, and heading to Hurricane Florence Wednesday.

Dine for a Difference event offers lunch for a good cause

Tuesday, September 18 2018 7:05 PM EDT2018-09-18 23:05:19 GMT

SPOKANE, Wash. - Dining for a difference -- Tuesday at the River Park Square Mall, Twigs and Tortilla Union held a special event to give back to our community. During their Dine for a Difference lunch, the restaurants donated 100 percent of the proceeds to the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery and the Spokane Humane Society.

Trump says he feels ‘so badly’ for Kavanaugh

Tuesday, September 18 2018 6:41 PM EDT2018-09-18 22:41:56 GMT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Trading accusations, Democratic and Republican senators quarreled Tuesday over who will testify at what promises to be a dramatic and emotional hearing next Monday with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and the woman who says he sexually assaulted her when they were in high school.