Netflix scraps Louis C.K. stand up special - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Netflix scraps Louis C.K. stand up special

Posted: Updated:
New York -

Netflix has scrapped plans for an upcoming Louis C.K. stand up special in light of five women's allegations of sexual misconduct against the comedian.
  
The streaming service says it finds the allegations in the story published in the New York Times on Thursday "disturbing."
  
Netflix on Friday cited "unprofessional and inappropriate behavior with female colleagues" as the reason for not producing the special. It would have been the network's second stand up special with C.K.
  
Numerous projects have been shelved due to the accusations, including release of C.K.'s feature film "I Love You, Daddy," and HBO has removed his work from its on demand video streaming service.
  
C.K. has not commented publicly on the allegations.
  
___
  
11:10 a.m.               Actor Jeremy Piven has responded to another allegation of sexual misconduct against him by saying he hopes the string sexual harassment allegations sweeping Hollywood will lead to "a constructive dialogue on these issues."
  
Piven made the statement on Twitter while denying an accusation made against him from an advertising executive. Tiffany Bacon Scourby tells People magazine Piven held her down while he performed a sex act at a hotel 14 years ago. She says she came forward to back up the claims of two other women who accused Piven of sexual misconduct.
  
Piven says that accusations against him "are absolutely false and completely fabricated" and added "continuing to tear each other down and destroy careers based on mere allegations is not productive on any level."
  
___
  
10 a.m.
  
Indie distributor The Orchards says Louis C.K.'s film "I Love You, Daddy" will not be released, following a report on sexual misconduct by the comedian.
  
The film was set for release on Nov. 17. The film's New York premiere was also canceled on Thursday.
  
The Friday announcement came after The New York Times on Thursday reported that C.K. has masturbated in front of five women comedians and actresses.
  
C.K. has not responded to the allegations.
  
___
  
9:45 a.m.
  
The BBC says it is pulling a new Agatha Christie adaptation from its television schedule because of sexual assault allegations against actor Ed Westwick.
  
Westwick appears in mystery thriller "Ordeal by Innocence," which had been due to run over the Christmas period.
  
The BBC said Friday that "these are serious allegations which Ed Westwick has strenuously denied. The BBC is not making any judgment but until these matters are resolved we will not include 'Ordeal by Innocence' in the schedules."
  
The broadcaster said Westwick has also paused filming on the 1980s-set sitcom "White Gold."
  
Police in Los Angeles said Thursday they are investigating a sexual assault report filed against former "Gossip Girl" star Westwick.
  
In a Facebook post on Monday, actress Kristina Cohen said that Westwick sexually assaulted her three years ago. Westwick has denied the allegation. A second actress, Aurelie Wynn, also accused Westwick of sexually assaulting her in a Facebook post on Thursday.
  
___
  
5:30 a.m.
  
Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman says she is among the young women abused by a former USA Gymnastics team doctor.
  
Raisman tells "60 Minutes" she was 15 when she was first treated by Dr. Larry Nassar, who spent more than two decades working with athletes at USA Gymnastics. He's now is in jail in Michigan awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to possession of child pornography.
  
Raisman, the captain of the 2012 and 2016 Olympic gold-medal winning team, details the abuse in her book "Fierce," which will be released on Nov. 14.
  
Raisman is the latest gymnast to claim she was abused by Nassar. McKayla Maroney, who won two medals at the 2012 Games as Raisman's teammate, said last month she was molested for years by Nassar.
  
___
  
5 a.m.
  
Jenny McCarthy says actor Steven Seagal sexually harassed her during a 1995 audition.
  
The former Playboy model recounted her encounter with Seagal during a tryout for "Under Siege 2" on her Sirius XM radio show Thursday.
  
She says she was alone in the room with Seagal when he asked her to sit next to him on a couch. After she declined, she says Seagal asked her to take her clothes off even though the part required no nudity. McCarthy says she walked out of the audition, but Seagal followed her and warned her not to tell anyone.
  
McCarthy told the same story to Movieline in 1998.
  
A representative for Seagal didn't immediately return a request for comment Friday, but a Seagal spokesman has denied the accusations to The Daily Beast.
  
___
  
This story has been corrected to show the release date on Louis C.K.'s film was Nov. 17.

(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Man charged with second degree murder in Newman Lake death investigation

    Man charged with second degree murder in Newman Lake death investigation

    Friday, November 24 2017 11:09 PM EST2017-11-25 04:09:49 GMT

    NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - UPDATE: Detectives have charged 29-year-old Nicholas L. Holden with second degree murder Friday evening. After concluding interviews, detectives booked Holden into Spokane County Jail. They will continue to process evidence and conduct interviews as the investigation continues.

    >>

    NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - UPDATE: Detectives have charged 29-year-old Nicholas L. Holden with second degree murder Friday evening. After concluding interviews, detectives booked Holden into Spokane County Jail. They will continue to process evidence and conduct interviews as the investigation continues.

    >>
  • Officials: 3 teens planned to kill new high school classmate

    Officials: 3 teens planned to kill new high school classmate

    Friday, November 24 2017 5:07 PM EST2017-11-24 22:07:32 GMT

    BENTON CITY, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say they're investigating an attempted murder plot involving several students at a southern Washington high school.    The Tri-City Herald reports that three 16-year-old students - two boys and a girl - had plotted to kill an 18-year-old classmate on Nov. 15.    The classmate, who was not hurt, was lured to the back of a market, where they had planned to kill him with a knife.

    >>

    BENTON CITY, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say they're investigating an attempted murder plot involving several students at a southern Washington high school.    The Tri-City Herald reports that three 16-year-old students - two boys and a girl - had plotted to kill an 18-year-old classmate on Nov. 15.    The classmate, who was not hurt, was lured to the back of a market, where they had planned to kill him with a knife.

    >>
  • Cops: Naked drunken man drives into tree while having sex near Tacoma

    Cops: Naked drunken man drives into tree while having sex near Tacoma

    Friday, November 24 2017 1:42 PM EST2017-11-24 18:42:08 GMT

    LA GRANDE, Wash. - Authorities say a man who was drunk, naked and having sex with a woman while driving south of Tacoma missed a curve and struck a tree. Washington State Patrol spokeswoman Brooke Bova says the crash happened at about 6 p.m. Wednesday on Mountain Highway East near La Grande. 

    >>

    LA GRANDE, Wash. - Authorities say a man who was drunk, naked and having sex with a woman while driving south of Tacoma missed a curve and struck a tree. Washington State Patrol spokeswoman Brooke Bova says the crash happened at about 6 p.m. Wednesday on Mountain Highway East near La Grande. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Man charged with second degree murder in Newman Lake death investigation

    Man charged with second degree murder in Newman Lake death investigation

    Friday, November 24 2017 11:09 PM EST2017-11-25 04:09:49 GMT

    NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - UPDATE: Detectives have charged 29-year-old Nicholas L. Holden with second degree murder Friday evening. After concluding interviews, detectives booked Holden into Spokane County Jail. They will continue to process evidence and conduct interviews as the investigation continues.

    >>

    NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - UPDATE: Detectives have charged 29-year-old Nicholas L. Holden with second degree murder Friday evening. After concluding interviews, detectives booked Holden into Spokane County Jail. They will continue to process evidence and conduct interviews as the investigation continues.

    >>
  • Universities revoke journalism awards given to Charlie Rose

    Universities revoke journalism awards given to Charlie Rose

    Friday, November 24 2017 11:04 PM EST2017-11-25 04:04:43 GMT

    PHOENIX (AP) - Charlie Rose, who was fired this week by CBS News and PBS in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations from multiple women, has now lost accolades from two universities.  Both Arizona State University and the University of Kansas announced the decisions Friday.    Arizona's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication gave Rose an award for journalism excellence in 2015.

    >>

    PHOENIX (AP) - Charlie Rose, who was fired this week by CBS News and PBS in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations from multiple women, has now lost accolades from two universities.  Both Arizona State University and the University of Kansas announced the decisions Friday.    Arizona's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication gave Rose an award for journalism excellence in 2015.

    >>
  • Risky stalemate as science battles human fears at Fukushima

    Risky stalemate as science battles human fears at Fukushima

    Friday, November 24 2017 10:59 PM EST2017-11-25 03:59:01 GMT

    ONAHAMA, Japan - Japan has yet to reach consensus on what to do with a million tons of radioactive water, more than six years after a tsunami overwhelmed the Fukushima nuclear power plant.    The water is stored on site in around 900 large and densely packed tanks and could spill should another major disaster strike. 

    >>

    ONAHAMA, Japan - Japan has yet to reach consensus on what to do with a million tons of radioactive water, more than six years after a tsunami overwhelmed the Fukushima nuclear power plant.    The water is stored on site in around 900 large and densely packed tanks and could spill should another major disaster strike. 

    >>