Dog, two cats rescued from accidental house firePosted: Updated:
SPOKANE, Wash. - Fire investigators say a fire that destroyed a house in east Spokane Friday morning was accidental.
The fire broke out around 6:30 a.m. at a house on the 3800 block of E. Broad Avenue. Seven fire trucks and two command vehicles responded, with the first engine company arriving to find heavy smoke coming from the building.
Firefighters searched inside the house and rescued a dog and three cats. The dog was returned to its owner after getting oxygen from its rescuers' tanks. The cats were turned over to Spokanimal. No one was hurt in the fire.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to do the initial knock down, and about 2 hours to complete their mop up work. Damage is estimated to be around $40,000.
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>