Italian Spaghetti Sauce
Recipe from Phyllis Gentile of Mich.
- 1 onion - chopped small
- 1 large clove garlic - chopped small
- 1 large carrot - cut into 2 pieces
- 1 can 14 oz. Progresso Tomato Puree
- 1 can Progresso chopped tomatoes
- Splash of good burgundy wine (use only a wine you would drink)
- Handful of chopped fresh basil
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbspn. sugar
Heat large deep skillet to medium. Add onions and cook slowly until translucent. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir occassionally.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.