The BasicsPosted: Updated:
What you need to know to make the right flooring choices for your home. Learn more about flooring types, their characteristics, and what makes them different.Learn more about flooring types, their characteristics, and what makes them different.
- Warm and soft underfoot, carpet comes in a wide variety of colors, textures, and patterns. >>
- Easy to maintain and ideal for moisture-prone areas, vinyl has long been a staple floor material for bathrooms and kitchens. >>
- A classic flooring material adaptable to any look from wildly contemporary to formal, wood can work well in any room, though it's not a first choice for baths or laundry rooms. >>
- Because it's so versatile and durable, laminate makes a great "whole house solution.">>
- Tile For an elegant and natural look in high-traffic areas, it's hard to beat ceramic or porcelain tile. Available glazed or unglazed, tile is a good choice for moisture-prone areas like entryways, kitchens>>
- Area Rugs In the same way that a bright or subtle scarf can accent your wardrobe, area rugs are the accessories of floor coverings. >>