KK's Quick and Easy Au Gratin Potatoes
Recipe from Kelley McNair of Huntsville, Ala.
- 1 regular sized package of frozen cubed hashbrown style potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 3 tblspns butter
- 3 tblspns flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place frozen potatoes evenly in a 10x13 baking dish.
- Mix in diced onions with potatoes in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Using a medium saucepan, melt the 3 tblspns of butter over medium high heat.
- Once melted, add 3 tblspns flour and whisk until no lumps.
- Once bubbles appear, add 2 cups milk, stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring until sauce becomes slightly thicker(2-3 minutes).
- Add 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese all at once.
- Stir often until cheese is all melted.
- Once melted, pour sauce evenly over potatoes in baking dish.
- Bake at 425 for 40 - 45 minutes or until golden browned on top.
10 minutes prep time; 45 minutes baking time
You can leave out the onions, depending on taste, or you can add other items. My family loves these potatoes with cubed ham or bacon bits added!
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.