Dr Pepper Cake
Recipe from Darrell Lucas of TX
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Dr Pepper
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, Dr. Pepper and cocoa until boiling. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, flour and sugar mixing well.
- Combine all three mixtures until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until done.
- Remove from oven and pierce cake with fork to make numerous holes. When cool, frost cake.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 6 tbsp Dr Pepper
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Combine butter, cocoa and Dr Pepper in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Whisk in sugar and remove from heat. Cool before spreading on cake.
Share a RecipeShare your recipes with food lovers across the country! Simply submit the form below and enjoy our fantastic recipe index.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.