Recipe from Darrell Lucas of TX
- 3 lbs. shelled, deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 tsp chili powder
- 6 tsp flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 12oz cans whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 12oz can tomato sauce
- Cooked white rice
- Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter until soft.
- Blend in flour and all seasonings. Add tomatoes, squishing them with your hands into pieces.
- Add the tomato sauce and 1 can of water.
- Cook until a boil begins, stirring constantly. After it begins boiling, add shrimp and cook for 20 minutes. Stir the entire time.
- Spoon over rice.
Sauce freezes well for another meal.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.