Recipe from Christiana Conway of New York
- 1/2 stick soft butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 4 egg yolks (save whites for meringue)
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 1/2 oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 baked pie crust
- Cream butter, egg yolks, and sugar in double boiler.
- Add flour and blend until smooth.
- Add milk and stir until smooth over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add drained pineapple and bring to a full boil. Pour into baked pie shell.
- 4 egg whites, 3 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar, 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat egg whites till they form a peak.
- Add rest of the ingredients until blended. Spread over pie.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown in a 350 degree oven.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.