Easy lemon chicken
Recipe from Karen Newman of Buellton, Calif.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 3 T. flour
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Cooked rice (your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet to a uniform 1/2 in. thickness. Dredge lightly in flour, reserving excess.
- In large frying pan, over medium high heat, melt butter with olive oil until it sizzles. Add chicken breasts and cook 4-5 minutes, turning once, until browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Stir reserved flour into frying pan. Whisk in broth and lemon juice; heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute to thicken slightly.
- Return chicken to pan to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with lemon sauce over rice.
Makes 3 servings.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.