Nu-Train's Recipe of the Month: Fiber One breaded chicken
By Heather Bauer, R.D., nu-train
Cereal doesn't have to just be for breakfast anymore. By crushing whole-grain, high-fiber cereals, and using them in recipes, you can add great taste, and lots of fiber to your meals.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz container non-fat plain yogurt, drained
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsps honey
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c Fiber One cereal, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine yogurt, ginger, mustard, honey, orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into the yogurt mixture, then dredge each coated piece into the Fiber One breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated chicken into a baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until done.
Calories per serving: approximately 215
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.