Three new players added to Shock roster - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Three new players added to Shock roster

Posted: Updated:

SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Shock announced Tuesday that DB/WR Darnell Hood, OL Jason Karcher and LB/WR Anthony Brown have been assigned to their roster by the League Office. Meanwhile, OL/DL Jerome Stevens has been placed on injured reserve.   

Hood, 5'11" 192, was a four-year letterman at the University of Michigan where he played in 49 games over his five-year career. In his final season (2006), he contributed a career-best 19 tackles and one forced fumble. Hood started his career at Michigan as a tailback, but converted to cornerback prior to 2003 spring drills.

"Darnell has excellent speed and athleticism that will allow him to play both ways for us and give us a little more flexibility," Head Coach Adam Shackleford said.

Brown, 6'6" 236, was released last week from the Chicago Bears' mini-camp after finishing his college career at the University of Arkansas in 2007. Originally recruited as a wide receiver, Brown switched to Defensive End in the spring of 2005, compiling 32 tackles including seven for a loss. As a wide receiver at Mississippi Delta Community College, Brown collected 35 catches for 603 yards with 10 touchdowns during his sophomore season. These numbers earned recognition from SuperPrep Magazine, which ranked him 80th in its listing of top 100 junior college prospects. Brown is expected line up as both a Wide Receiver and Defensive End for the Shock.

Karcher, 6'3' 300, recently completed his career at University of Wyoming where he started the last 35 consecutive games. In his final season at Wyoming, Karcher became the starting Center after spending the previous two seasons as the starting Right Guard, where he was named Honorable Mention All-Conference in 2005.

"These are all players who were on draft boards for NFL teams but for whatever reason they didn't get drafted and they are just looking for a place to play," Shackleford said. "We feel pretty fortunate to have them here."

The Shock travel to face the expansion Boise Burn this weekend in Boise. The Burn are currently on top of the division with a 4-2 record, while the Shock are in a three-way tie for second place. Kick-off is at 6 PM (PST).
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Detectives identify woman found in Spokane River

    Detectives identify woman found in Spokane River

    Thursday, September 20 2018 8:35 PM EDT2018-09-21 00:35:31 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Update: Detectives have identified the woman found in the Spokane River September 15 just hours after releasing a rending of what she may have looked like. Detectives continue to work to determine what occurred prior to her death.

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Update: Detectives have identified the woman found in the Spokane River September 15 just hours after releasing a rending of what she may have looked like. Detectives continue to work to determine what occurred prior to her death.

    >>
  • Psychiatric hospital coming to Spokane

    Psychiatric hospital coming to Spokane

    Friday, September 21 2018 12:17 PM EDT2018-09-21 16:17:08 GMT
    The three finalists bidding for the Riverfront Park project visited Spokane todayThe three finalists bidding for the Riverfront Park project visited Spokane today

    SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - A new 100-bed psychiatric hospital is coming to Spokane.    The Inland Northwest Behavioral Health hospital, which opens to patients in October, will have about 200 employees.    The Spokesman-Review says the $33 million facility will be split into four units, each with 25 beds for inpatient services. One unit will be reserved for adolescent patients between the ages of 13 and 17.

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - A new 100-bed psychiatric hospital is coming to Spokane.    The Inland Northwest Behavioral Health hospital, which opens to patients in October, will have about 200 employees.    The Spokesman-Review says the $33 million facility will be split into four units, each with 25 beds for inpatient services. One unit will be reserved for adolescent patients between the ages of 13 and 17.

    >>
  • Suge Knight pleads to manslaughter over fatal confrontation

    Suge Knight pleads to manslaughter over fatal confrontation

    Thursday, September 20 2018 5:16 PM EDT2018-09-20 21:16:55 GMT

    LOS ANGELES (AP) - Former rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight has pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter and after he ran over two men, killing one, nearly four years ago.    The Death Row Records co-founder entered the plea Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court and has agreed to serve 28 years in prison.

    >>

    LOS ANGELES (AP) - Former rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight has pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter and after he ran over two men, killing one, nearly four years ago.    The Death Row Records co-founder entered the plea Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court and has agreed to serve 28 years in prison.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/