Questions most often asked about Care ManagementPosted: Updated:
What are Care Managers?
Elder care or "geriatric care management" assist elders and their families in figuring out appropriate living arrangments and managing day-to-day and long-term support services.
What do Care Managers provide?
Care managers provide problem assessments, crisis intervention, family conflict mediation, arranging financial, legal, and medical services, evaluating housing options, arranging homemaker services, and transportation.
What credentials do care managers hold?
Credentials range from bachelor degrees to doctorates in various areas. Most are from social work, psychology, and nursing.
What services are available?
Determine what your family needs and be sure to ask if the care manager is qualified to address those needs. Not all geriatric managers handle all situations. Ask about their willingness to refer people to other resources when they don't have a particular expertise you need.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>