How do I pay for it?Posted: Updated:
Here are the area services that help with Respite Care
Elder Services - 509-458-7450
Provides up to 12 (12 hour shifts) or 6 (24 hour shifts) to those who sign up. Payment for the service is on a sliding scale. However, be aware that it is a state funded program that is subject to availabilty.
Area Agency on Aging of North Idaho - servicing Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Shoshone Counties
This group contracts with providers and has a fund that helps to pay care giver to give the regular caregiver a break. For more information: Area Agency on Aging of North Idaho
Do financial assessments and functional assessment for participants. There is a sliding scale for in home care as well as facilities. 1-800-809-3351/509-397-4305 http://www.coa-hs.org
*Note that Medicare and Medicaid do not pay for respite care. However, if you are a veteran, you can check with the VA Hospital to see if you qualify for help.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>