How do I pay for it? - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather

How do I pay for it?

Here are the area services that help with Respite Care

Elder Services - 509-458-7450
Provides up to 12 (12 hour shifts) or 6 (24 hour shifts) to those who sign up. Payment for the service is on a sliding scale.  However, be aware that it is a state funded program that is subject to availabilty.

North Idaho
Area Agency on Aging of North Idaho - servicing Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Shoshone Counties
This group contracts with providers and has a fund that helps to pay care giver to give the regular caregiver a break.  For more information:  Area Agency on Aging of North Idaho

Whitman County
Do financial assessments and functional assessment for participants. There is a sliding scale for in home care as well as facilities.  1-800-809-3351/509-397-4305 


*Note that Medicare and Medicaid do not pay for respite care. However, if you are a veteran, you can check with the VA Hospital to see if you qualify for help.