Recipe from Kim High of Wedgefield, S. C.
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- 1 tbl salt (may use more, add to taste)
- 1 tbl red pepper flakes
- 1 tbl pepper
- 1 1/2 tbl chili powder
- 1/2 tsp horseradish powder
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 6 large tomatoes (Choped into quarters)
- 1 1lb. pack of dry pinto beans (soak overnight for best results)
- Brown hamburger in skillet untill cooked well done. brown onions drain oil.
- In large crock pot (or large 8 qrt. pot, if you can watch it for several hours) add the cut up tomatoes, hamburger & onions, & all the seasonings.
- Add the pre-soaked beans (you can fast soak by heating the beans in water to a boil and let set for 1 hour).
- Add water to cover all ingredients plus two inches.
- Set crock pot on high for 3 hours and then turn to low.
- Or you can bring to a boil on the stove, then turn down and boil on med-low for about 4 hours. May be cooked longer if desired.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.