Importance of PlanningPosted: Updated:
In less than 25 years, the population of persons over 65 will nearly double to where it will be 1 in 5 of our population.
Source: American Geriatrics Society
Most people first larn about long-term care when they or a loved one needs care. Then their options are often limited by lack of information, the immediate need, and the insufficient rsources to pay for the services you may want. If you plan now you will have more control over your future!
Most people don't realize that their chance of needing long-term care by the time they turn 65 is as high as 60%!
(Source: national Clearinghouse for Long Term Care)
Why Planning Ahead is SO IMPORTANT:
- The cost of long-term care services often exceeds what the average person can pay from income and other resources
- You may be able to save your assets and income for uses other than long-term care, including prserving the quality of life for your spouse or other loved ones.
- There is a greater likelihood of being able to leave an estate to your heirs becausae you are less likely to use up all your financial resources paying for care.
- Your choices for receiving care outside of a facility and being able to stay at home or receive services in the community for as long as possible are greater if you have planned ahead.
Make an action plan NOW!
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>