Perfect Home Family Room Facelift RulesPosted: Updated:
General Contest Rules
These rules apply to all contests conducted by KHQ Inc.(the "TV Station & KHQ.com") Each contest may have its own specific rules which will be set forth in a separate addition to these rules and will be available on www.KHQ.com and at KHQ Television studio at 2101 West Sprague, Spokane, WA 99201.
Who Can Enter
1. To enter, contestants must be legal residents of the State(s) of Washington and/or Idaho, who are 18 years of age or older. The TV Station reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
2. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the TV Station, contest sponsors and/or any employees of Cowles Company and/or their families are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
5. Contestants may enter once.
6. The TV Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call, receiving an email, accessing the Station website, or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation or prize claim. The TV Station is not responsible for any printing errors.
7. All entries become the property of the TV Station/KHQ.com and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Station's sole discretion.
8. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. The TV Station may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
9. Depending on the contest, the TV Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
For "The Perfect Home: Family Room Facelift Contest, all entries will be collected via the Internet. Use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
10. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on-air, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements and potential background check) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
11. Winning family must own the home where the work will be done.
12. Winning family must be willing to open their home to the Perfect Home team for renovation (at varying times of day) between the dates of December 3rd and December 19th.
13. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to sign a Release relieving the TV Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant's participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
14. Prize recipients must be willing to have their home and likeness photographed and posted on KHQ.com and KHQ Television. KHQ retains the rights to all footage, pictures and interviews gathered before, during, and after the contest is complete.
15. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
16. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
17. Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable, to the winner. In the Perfect Home: Family Room Facelift contest, the winner will be consulted by the Perfect Home Team on renovations. However, all final decisions on work, products, and labor will belong to the Perfect Home Team and any suppliers or contractors.
18. The Perfect Home Team will have sole determination of the contest finalists and ultimate winner.
19. The TV Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
20. By participating in a TV Station contest, entrants hereby agree that TV Station has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant's participation in any such contest.
21. By participating in a TV Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the TV Station and contest sponsors' usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant's name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant's telephone call.
22. Complete contest rules are available at www.KHQ.com and KHQ, 1201 W. Sprague Avenue, Spokane, WA 99201 during normal business hours, Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm.
23. The TV Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
24. The TV Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.