October Senior Life News NotesPosted: Updated:
Thank you for signing up for the Senior Life monthly newsletter.
The goal: To bring you the latest news, information, and local resources from Senior Life at KHQ.com.
The big news for those who are receiving Social Security is that benefits will go up slightly starting in January. The government made the announcement today. It's the smallest increase in four years. To learn the percentage of the increase and read the entire story click here.
We also have included the latest medical roundup by NBC News. This month learn what may really have an impact on your eyesight. Plus, what the Mayo Clinic is now saying about a possible link between tooth loss and dementia. Click here to see those stories.
Kathy Bryant, is a Senior Real Estate Specialist in Spokane. She has written an article to explain what she does. It really gives new meaning to full service. Click here to read it. There is also a place on her article to click so you can get to her web site if you want more information about potentially working with Kathy.
Finally, you may have met Suzie Dunn at the Senior Wellness Conference, back in September. She is the web sales gal here at KHQ. Her passion has been finding the right sponsors to include on this site so that you get good resources to make choices as they come up in your life.
Often she comes in and mentions what she has learned. She often starts with the line "Did you know...?" Well, she has put that question and the answers into a section to share with you. It offers some pretty interesting tidbits. Take a look by clicking here and if you get a chance email us and let us know what you think.
That's it for now, except, we want to take a moment to congratulate the people who won the Golden Corral Gift Certificates. Their names are posted on Senior Life at KHQ.com.
Again, thank you for signing up and we will touch base again in November.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>