About Rockwood Retirement CommunitiesPosted: Updated:
Rockwood Retirement Communities is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to providing services and housing to older adults with a commitment to excellence in promoting independence, wellness and lifelong vitality.
We own and operate two retirement communities in Spokane:
| ||Rockwood South sits on 90 suburban acres on Spokane's South Hill and serves more than 400 residents. It provides independent and assisted living apartments, as well as a gated neighborhood featuring custom independent living homes and duplexes.|
|Rockwood at Hawthorne is nestled in a north side neighborhood on 8 acres and serves about 120 residents. It features independent living apartments and homes, as well as assisted living and skilled nursing. The property includes 20 homes surrounding a lovely courtyard.|| |
When you choose a distinctive, custom-designed home or apartment at either location, you are provided with an extensive variety of services and amenities. We provide independent living, assisted living and 24-hour on-site skilled nursing if ever needed.
We began in the mid-1950s when members of Spokane's Central United Methodist Church began plans for a new kind of retirement community that was to be nothing like a stand-alone nursing home.
Our 7-story tower of independent apartments opened on November 1, 1960, making Rockwood
In 1987, construction began on Rockwood South's private homes in Rockwood Forest Estates. This exclusive neighborhood of custom homes now offers highly independent living in a secure residential setting, while allowing residents access our services and programs.
Our expansion continued in 1999 when Spokane United Methodist Homes acquired Hawthorne Retirement Community, now called Rockwood at Hawthorne. Our facility at Hawthorne now offers independent living apartments and homes, assisted living and skilled nursing.
Rockwood continues to be an innovator in improving the quality of life for its residents.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>