November 07 Senior Life NotesPosted: Updated:
Welcome to November...
This is a big month. Enrollment for Medicare Part D (Prescription Plan) begins on November 15th. Are you signed up?
To get you ready, KHQ Local News is opening up the Help Center to answer your questions. The Help Center will have experts from AARP, North Idaho Aging Connections, and SHIBA manning the phones from 5pm - 6:30pm on Monday, November 12th. The number to call is 443-1111.
Also, on Wednesday, November 14th, another Help Center will help answer your questions on Long Term Care. Again, jot down this number to call 443-1111. The Help Center will be open from 5pm - 6:30pm on Wednesday, November 14th, to take your calls.
Also, mark your calendar for later in the month when we have diabetes experts manning the Help Center phones to answer your questions. That's on November 27th.
Speaking of Diabetes, that is one of the topics covered in a new area on KHQ Senior Life called Senior Smiles. Take a look at it for videos and tips to keep your body and mouth healthy.
There is new research out on dementia and elders. We posted that article for you to read when you get a moment. Just click here.
Lastly, Heritage Funeral Home does something really unique. They offer a free scrapbooking class. It is really popular. We put a link so you can look at the site and click on the calendar of classes if you are interested in participating.
One more note... if you aren't already, be sure to take a look at the calendar of events on the Senior Life Page. There are several things happening this month, including a listing of dates and times for flu shots.
Finally, Suzie shares an interesting "Did you know" that can help deal with the elder maze of services. Click here to find out about that.
Until next time, enjoy the month. Thank you for being a part of this community of active seniors.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>