Free Seminar: Protecting you from fraudPosted: Updated:
East Central Senior Center is proud to host "Protecting Seniors from Fraud," a free, educational seminar on Thursday, March 27, 10:30-12:00 Noon.
Fraudulent use of identity is the fastest growing financial crime in America. Seniors make up a large percentage of the millions of Americans that fall victim to identity thieves each year.
This seminar will be conducted by Ed Neigel, a communications consultant with the Office of the Attorney General, Protection Division, Public Outreach and Education. Neigel will be speaking on how senior populations in the Spokane area can protect themselves from fraudulent use of their identity; ways scammers use to obtain identity, day labor fraud, and much more.
Please call 625-6693 to reserve your seat for this free seminar, or register at East Central Senior Center, 500 S. Stone.
About Spokane Parks and Recreation
City of Spokane Parks and Recreation is responsible for the professional management and prudent caretaking of more than 4,100 acres of developed parks and conservation land. The Golf Division maintains and operates four championship municipal golf courses, including Indian Canyon, Downriver, Esmeralda and the Creek at Qualchan. Park Operations has responsibility for the maintenance of all park land and park facilities in the City of Spokane including Riverfront Park, Manito Park, Gaiser Conservatory and the many city-wide gardens, Finch Arboretum and the Urban Forestry Program. The Recreation/Entertainment Division offers classes, special events, athletic leagues and activities for youth, teens, adults, seniors and persons with physical and mental disabilities. It also operates Riverfront Park attractions, activities and events including the Spokane Falls SkyRide, the Looff Carrousel and IMAX Theatre, and provides support for community centers, senior centers, the Northeast Youth Center, Corbin Art Center and outdoor swimming pools. For more information please visit www.spokaneparks.org.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>