Judges pick finalists for "Best Team Name" contest
SPOKANE, Wash. - The list of team names for the upcoming Bloomsday Run once again is a creative one, with names such as "Running Our Buttresses Off" to "Bladerunners".
A panel made up of Bloomsday organizers and sponsor representatives selected 21 finalists for the "Best Team Name" award.
"Clearly, Corporate Cup entrants are putting a of thought into their team names," said Corporate Cup Char Carol Hunter in a recent news release.
She said it's getting more difficult every year for teams to select names that combine racing with the type of work their company does.
Last year's winner was Columbia Paint's "Shakin' Our Cans". Second place went to Michael R. Bell and Co.'s "Decreasing Our Bottom Line", with Gonzaga's English Departments "Suppersonnets" team taking third place.
List of 2008 Finalists:
- Running Our Buttresses Off ALSC Architects
- No Bean Left Behind Cravens Coffee
- Water Runs, Dam It! DCI Engineers
- Smooth Finishers Drywall Specialties Inc.
- Do Or Diocese Episcopal Diocese of Spokane
- Hard Drive to the Finish Line General Dynamics Itronix
- We Got the Beat Heart Clinics Northwest
- Cath Us If You Can Inland Cardiology Associates
- Gotta Run, We're On Deadline The Inlander
- Electricians Without Shorts K&N Electric Motors, Inc.
- Running On All 4's KXLY
- Flying By the Seat Of Our Patents Lee and Hayes, Intellectual Property Law
- The Running Totals Moss Adams LLP
- First Runner-Up Mrs. Washington Pageant
- Running In Style Nordstrom
- You Race, We'll Draft Northwest Engineering, Inc.
- Buns ‘n Burners Spokane Community College Science Dept.
- Oh No...the Fast Guy's Retiring Spokane County
- Snot Too Fast Spokane Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic
- Foot Pursuit Spokane Police Department
- Bladerunners Surgical Specialists of Spokane