Fee cut to doctors who treat Medicare Patients --- approved for now but could be reversed!
WASHINGTON (AP) _ Members of Congress heading home for the July Fourth recess can expect to hear from seniors curious about why Congress allowed a 10 percent cut in fees for doctors who treat Medicare patients.
Physicians are running ads hinting patients may find doctors less willing to treat them.
Beginning tomorrow, payments will be cut for some 600,000 doctors who treat Medicare patients. That's because a formula requires fee cuts when spending exceeds established goals.
Almost every year, Congress blocks the cut. Lawmakers unwilling to face millions of angry seniors at the polls in November are expected to act quickly to reverse the cut when they return to Washington next week.
They're also expected to provide retroactive payments to doctors for losses incurred after July 1st. Doctors have complained for years that Medicare payments have failed to cover rising costs.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>