Links mentioned on KHQ (July '08)Posted: Updated:
Links mentioned on KHQ TV
July 29th, 2008
- To find out more information on the North Idaho Fair, including the attractions you'll see and a way to purchase tickets: http://www.northidahofair.com
July 10th, 2008
- To find out more information about how to adopt animals from SCRAPS in Spokane Valley: http://www.spokanecounty.org/animal/content.aspx?c=1027
June 30, 2008
- To see information about the woman accused of killing a Tri-Cities woman and stealing her unborn baby, including court documents: http://www.khq.com/global/story.asp?s=8581492 (*WARNING: Sensitive content)
- Want to learn more about keeping your home cool during hot summer weather? Check out these ideas from MSNBC. Click here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19195388/
- CNN has developed a calculator that helps you figure out how long you'll have to work in order to fill your car's tank: http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/29/hours.gallons/index.html?redux
- How well do you know your candy bars?: http://food.aol.com/play-with-your-food/candy-bar-id-quiz/?u
June 29, 2008
- If you own a Hewlett-Packard fax machine, you may want to check the model number.
HP is recalling 367,000 HP-1010 and HP-1010-XI fax machines.
Click here: www.hp.com/go/fax1010recall
- The "Thunder Wolf" indoor toy helicopter has a rechargeable battery that can overheat, melting the helicopter's body. For more information click: here: www.thunderwolfhelicopter.com
- Want to create a garden that invites butterfiles?: http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=8566259
June 28, 2008
- For information on heat stress and the elderly click here: http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/extremeheat/elderlyheat.asp
June 27, 2008:
- Take a heart risk assessment test on KHQ's Take it to Heart section: http://www.khq.com/Global/category.asp?C=91611
June 26, 2008:
- Hundreds of hoops players will invade downtown Spokane for Hoopfest 2008. For a list of street closures: http://www.khq.com/global/link.asp?l=325499
June 25, 2008:
- Allergy season is in full swing and with a period of hot dry weather approaching we're close to the peak time for grass & pollen allergies. To learn more about allergies you can go to the American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology's website at http://www.aaaai.org
- NOAA is marking Lightning Safety Awareness Week: June 22-28. To learn how to protect you and your family click here: http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2008/20080623_lightning.html
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says illegal and improper use of fireworks continues to harm consumers with more than half the injuries occuring around the July 4th Holiday. For more information click here: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08308.html
- For a complete map of Hoopfest 2008 road closures and activities, click here: http://insuite.spokanehoopfest.net/InControl/uploads/08_mapside_9sr%20(2).pdf
June 24, 2008:
- The U.S. Product Safety Commission In conjunction with Jardine Enterprises, have recalled about 320 thousand cribs. Slats and spindles in the cribs can break and create a gap that can entrap a child. For more information click here.
- Beginning on Tuesday, July 1, 2008, the sale of dishwashing detergents containing phosphorus will be prohibited throughout Spokane County. If you would like to make your own, environmentally-friendly dishwashing detergent, you just need to add 1 1/2 cups borax, 1 1/2 cups baking soda, and one cup of table salt. Shake it up in a large container and it's ready to go.
- Best and the Brightest: KHQ salutes the graduating high school seniors throughout the Inland Northwest. To see TV spots honoring this year's grads, go to: http://www.khq.com/Global/category.asp?C=81236 (also available by scrolling over "Community" at the top of this page; click on "Best and Brightest").
- To get information about local stocks of interest and the latest news on the economy from Bloomberg, go to: http://www.khq.com/Global/category.asp?C=117702
June 23, 2008
- A new cell phone ban takes effect in Washington State July 1st. Learn how to get a free or reduced-cost cell phone headset. Click here: www.Freeheadset.org.
- Do you know about a neighborhood where drivers drive a little too fast? Let us know by emailing us at SpeedTrap@khq.com.
June 21, 2008
- During your KHQ Local News this morning, we told you that Washington's cherry harvest is late this year. If you would like to look at Green Bluff Growers' schedule, go to this page: http://www.greenbluffgrowers.com/
June 20, 2008
- During KHQ Local News Today we mentioned you could find the least expensive gas in your neighborhood. The link is right here: http://www.khq.com/Global/category.asp?C=102478. You can also reach this page by scrolling over "News", then clicking on "Gas Prices". Happy gas hunting!
- In a four-day sweep of Eastern Washington a task force arrested almost 100 fugitives wanted for drugs, guns, violence and sex offenses. Learn more about Operation FALCON here: http://www.usmarshals.gov/falcon08/media.htm
- The 2008 Ironman Triathlon happens this Sunday in Coeur d'Alene. Get all the details here: http://www.ironmancda.com/
June 19, 2008
- Avista says for the next two years it will give $30 rebates to electric customers who recycle working refrigerators or freezers built before 1995. Find more programs like this here: http://www.everylittlebit.com/
- Get a bird's-eye view of the North Spokane Corridor construction progress by watching a new 4 1/2 minute aerial fly through video. See what the new freeway will look like when portions open in 2009 and 2011. Click here:
- To view the latest on road construction projects in the Spokane and the rest of the Inland Northwest, visit KHQ Cone Zone: http://www.khq.com/Global/category.asp?C=97639. This page is also available by scrolling over the "News" tab and clicking on "KHQ Zone Zone".
June 18, 2008
- 67 old-school toys: www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/sfl-old-toys,0,2004208.ugcphotogallery
- The Spokane River Forum will host a tour of the Spokane River from Coeur d'Alene to Fort Spokane at Lake Roosevelt. Participants will learn first-hand the interplay between environmental, economic, recreational and cultural values supported by the river. For more information: http://www.spokaneriver.net/
June 17, 2008
- The Spokane Indians open their season tonight at Avista Stadium, hosting the Everett AquaSox at 6:30 p.m. For gametime and ticket information: http://www.spokaneindiansbaseball.com/
- Testimony in case against Kevin Coe ruled admissible. To read the court documents on the latest ruling in the Coe case, click here.
- The Spokane Fire Department offers free CPR classes throughout the year at various City of Spokane fire stations. For more on these classes click here.
June 16, 2008
- City of Spokane public swimming pools will open for the 2008 summer season June 16 at 1:00 p.m. For locations, prices and hours click here: http://www.spokanecity.org/services/articles/?ArticleID=1748
- On June 16, Washington Representative Richard Curtis wrote a letter requesting he not be called to testify against Cody Castagna, the man accused of extortion, theft and conspiracy following a night of sex between the two. Castagna was demanding Curtis pay to keep him quiet. To read the letter click here: Letter from Rep. Curtis. To read the full story click here: Charges against client at center of sex scandal dropped.
June 15, 2008
- Do you know the history of Fathers' Day? Learn about it here: http://www.holidays.net/father
June 13, 2008
- Volunteers are still needed for Hoopfest 2008. Register online here: http://www.spokanehoopfest.net/site/
- Hunger doesn't stop when school's out, thanks to District 81's Summer Meals Program. Click here to see all the meal sites: http://www.spokaneschools.org/DistrictNews/NewsReleases/newrelease.asp?id=1075
June 12, 2008
- The Spokane Regional Pedestrian Plan Taskforce is gathering information about why people walk/don't walk in their community. They want to make life easier for pedestrians. Take their survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=9WsV9Tdl4QYQ6uDKmVL2fQ_3d_3d%3cbr%20/
- Make donations to the American Red Cross in Spokane here: www.spokaneredcross.org
- Specials you can check out around the Spokane region if you are taking a "Staycation" http://www.summerinspokane.com or http://www.golfinspokane.com
- State-certified labs that test drinking water for arsenic for well owners http://www.doh.wa.gov/ehp/dw/our_main_pages/announce.htm
June 11, 2008
- Donate and learn more about one Ironman triathlete raising money for Vanessa Behan Nursery: http://www.vanessabehan.org/sub.aspx?id=933
June 10, 2008
- Discuss the high price of gas on KHQ.com: http://www.khq.com/Global/Link.asp?L=322101
- Find the cheapest gas in your neighborhood (you can also report prices): http://www.khq.com/Global/category.asp?C=102478
June 9, 2008
- On Thursday, 280 new laws passed by the Legislature earlier this year take effect. They include new rights for same-sex couples. Registered domestic partners will get more of
the rights and responsibilities of marriage: http://www.leg.wa.gov/legislature
- This website is a WIKI for use by all the communities that have adopted the Transition Model for responding to the twin challenges of Peak Oil and Climate Change: http://www.transitiontowns.org/
June 3, 2008
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>