HDTV Giveaway Official RulesPosted: Updated:
General Contest Rules
These rules apply to all contests conducted by KHQ Inc.(the "TV Station & KHQ.com") Each contest may have its own specific rules which will be set forth in a separate addition to these rules and will be available on www.KHQ.com and at KHQ Television studio at 1201 West Sprague, Spokane, WA 99201.
DTV Giveaway Contest Dates
February 10, 2009 - February 17, 2009
Who Can Enter
1. To enter, contestants must be legal residents of the State(s) of Washington and/or Idaho, who are 18 years of age or older. The TV Station reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
2. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the TV Station, contest sponsors and/or any employees of Cowles Company Properties and/or their families are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
4. The TV Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call, receiving an email, accessing the Station website, or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation or prize claim. The TV Station is not responsible for any printing errors.
5. All entries become the property of the KHQ TV/KHQ.com and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Station's sole discretion.
6. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. The TV Station may run more than one contest simultaneously.
7. Depending on the contest, the TV Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
For the DTV Giveaway, all entries will be collected via the internet. Contestants must go to KHQ.com and submit their name and other information listed. Use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
How to Play
One name will be randomly selected, from all entries received, on KHQ.com. The KHQ Prize Patrol will contact winners for TV delivery. That delivery will be broadcast and the winners name announced on KHQ Local News and KHQ.com.
One prize will be awarded during the course of the DTV Giveaway: One 42" TV. Approximate retail value up to $1,600.00 One winner per household.
8. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on-air, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements and potential background check) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
9. Prize(s) will be released to winner(s) only. Winner(s) may be required to present a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to receive any prize. All winner(s) are required to sign a Release relieving the TV Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest (Huppins) sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant's participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
10. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No Substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner but sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
11. Prize recipient(s) must be willing to have their likeness photographed, taped and posted on KHQ TV and KHQ.com. KHQ retains the rights to all footage, pictures and interviews gathered before, during, and after the contest is complete.
12. The TV Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
13. By participating in a TV Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the TV Station and contest sponsors' usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant's name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant's telephone call.
14. Complete contest rules are available at KHQ.com and KHQ, 1201 W. Sprague Avenue, Spokane, WA 99201 during normal business hours, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5pm.
15. The TV Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
26. The TV Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.