Couple displaced after fire on East Wellesley - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Couple displaced after fire on East Wellesley

SPOKANE, Wash. - A couple lost their home Sunday after a fire destroyed their mobile home at 19625 E. Wellesley.

Firefighters said the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.  They said it started when the owner tried to thaw out a frozen pipe with a small propane torch.

The couple was able to make it out of the mobile home safely.  Their dogs, too, escaped injury.  The Red Cross has stepped in to offer assistance.

Firefighters said you should never try to thaw pipes with a torch.  Instead, prevent them from freezing by letting a small stream of water flow from the faucet.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • New York State illegally moving convicted sex offenders from prisons into group homes with the developmentally disabled

    New York State illegally moving convicted sex offenders from prisons into group homes with the developmentally disabled

    Thursday, September 20 2018 9:14 AM EDT2018-09-20 13:14:31 GMT
    Three State agencies are involved in placing convicted sex offenders in group homes or hiding this information from the families and the general public>>
    Three State agencies are involved in placing convicted sex offenders in group homes or hiding this information from the families and the general public>>
  • A bag for a bag: students tackle social stigma to fight food insecurity

    A bag for a bag: students tackle social stigma to fight food insecurity

    Tuesday, September 25 2018 2:15 AM EDT2018-09-25 06:15:59 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - A problem within a solution – it’s a phrase so oxymoronic that it almost doesn’t make sense, but it’s crystal clear for a specific group of students at Lewis and Clark High School.

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - A problem within a solution – it’s a phrase so oxymoronic that it almost doesn’t make sense, but it’s crystal clear for a specific group of students at Lewis and Clark High School.

    >>
  • VIDEO: Stack of Sandpoint newspapers lit on fire in latest anonymous attack targeting writer

    VIDEO: Stack of Sandpoint newspapers lit on fire in latest anonymous attack targeting writer

    Monday, September 24 2018 9:46 PM EDT2018-09-25 01:46:53 GMT

    SANDPOINT, Idaho. First -  it was a robocall, now a threat, targetting a Sandpoint newspaper and one of its writers, has surfaced on YouTube. "Ben Olson is a cancer on wholesome North Idaho," the video states. "And cancers must be burned out." The 56-second video clip shows a picture of Co-owner and Publisher of the Sandpoint Reader, Ben Olson, next to a stack of the newspaper he writes for. The papers are doused in a clear liquid then lit on fire. 

    >>

    SANDPOINT, Idaho. First -  it was a robocall, now a threat, targetting a Sandpoint newspaper and one of its writers, has surfaced on YouTube. "Ben Olson is a cancer on wholesome North Idaho," the video states. "And cancers must be burned out." The 56-second video clip shows a picture of Co-owner and Publisher of the Sandpoint Reader, Ben Olson, next to a stack of the newspaper he writes for. The papers are doused in a clear liquid then lit on fire. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/