...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THURSDAY TO 8 PM PDT
* WHAT...High temperatures warming into the upper 90s and triple
digits Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon.
* WHERE...Central and eastern Washington. Much of the Idaho
* WHEN...From 11 AM Thursday to 8 PM PDT Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures in the day. Increasingly warm overnight
temperatures by the weekend.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Friday and Saturday will likely be the
hottest days of this heat event. Many lowland locations are
expected to reach 100 degrees or more Friday and Saturday
afternoon. The afternoon heat combined with unusually warm
overnight temperatures Friday night and Saturday night will make
it difficult for residents without air conditioners to control the
build up of heat within their homes.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of
the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.