SPOKANE, Wash. -- Three people were stabbed in downtown Spokane on Friday, June 6, during a confrontation between two groups of people near Main and Howard avenues. All injuries have been described as minor.Spokane Police said one man pulled out a pocket knife and cut the others, he has been taken into custody and charged with three counts of 2nd degree assault.
SPOKANE, Wash. - Two people are in custody after they attempted to run from police in a car chase that started in Airway Heights at Northern Quest Casino Tuesday night.
SPANGLE, Wash. - Spokane County Fire District 3 Crews are monitoring a still-burning fire in Spangle, which broke out early Tuesday morning. Spokane FD 3 officials say the fire broke out early Tuesday morning and because there are live electric wires running to both the barn and the home nearby.
ELK, Wash – It was a search that lasted nearly 24 hours, and now, it's over. The Pend Orielle County Sheriff's Department says just before 9 p.m. Sunday, Matthew Swancara, 24, stabbed his own mother to death. He took off in his father's 2001 Suzuki, and deputies believed he might have left the state. READ THE ENTIRE PRESS RELEASE INSIDE OF THE STORY>>>
UPDATE: The Spokane County Medical Examiner has just released the name of the man killed in an officer-involved shooting early Tuesday morning. He has been identified as 52-year-old Jacob I. Dorfman. READ THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE INSIDE OF THE STORY>>>
UPDATE: After further investigation Major Crime Detectives have arrested 25-year-old Brian Reinhart and 42-year-old Dwayne Hackley for the crime of 1st Degree Assault.
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A SWAT situation temporarily shut down roads and called multiple law enforcement agencies out in the early morning hours Thursday, but ended safely with no injuries.
SPOKANE, Wash. - A 28-year-old man was hit by a train early Wednesday morning east of downtown Spokane in the area of Sprague and Scott. That man, reportedly drunk at the time, was transported to Sacred Heart with serious head injuries.
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City officials say at least four people have been shot outside the Empire State Building and that the gunman is dead.
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - A gunman opened fire early Friday at a movie theater in a Denver suburb, killing 12 people and leaving at least 38 others injured, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said.
SPOKANE, Wash.- Fire crews responded to a fire in the area of Indiana and Altamont in northeast Spokane Thursday morning. The address is 1738 N. Altamont.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Legendary TV personality Dick Clark, one of the giants of pop culture in the latter half of the 20th century, died Wednesday after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82.
KHQ.COM - Early Friday morning the Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to a reported apartment fire at the Meadow Ridge apartments, 12420 E. Mansfield.
- Officials in northern Idaho say a 1-year-old girl remains hospitalized in critical condition after a weekend accident in which the SUV she was riding in slid into a lake.
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) - Virginia Tech officials say a gunman has been reported on campus. The university issued an alert on its website at 9:37 a.m. local time Thursday telling students and employees to stay inside and secure doors.
Spokane Police were in a standoff at 2900 E. Diamond for over three hours Saturday night. It ended shortly after midnight as a domestic violence call where the suspect is now wanted on Felony charges.
Currently in Spokane
- South Hill, Bonners Ferry Shopko locations among stores set to close
- One person killed in crash on Highway 395 south of Loon Lake
- Eight alpacas killed by cougar near Riverside State Park
- UPDATE: Jury finds Torrey Gambill, accused of raping woman he met on Tinder, not guilty on all charges
- Mead woman dies in two-car crash on Highway 2
- Thief delivers devastating blow to Spokane dad trying to make it through school
- Tents removed, arrests made as "Camp Hope" gets shut down
- Former Red Robin restaurant company CEO dies by suicide
- Richland PD exchanges pleasantries with man that comments on own wanted Facebook post, later turns self in
- Report shows dozens of Jesuit Priests accused of child sex abuse lived and worked in Spokane