SPOKANE, Wash.- Everything you need to know as the City of Spokane begins a full-city plow, and the winter storm continues to bring snow and decreasing temperatures.
SPOKANE, Wash. - Two people are in custody after they attempted to run from police in a car chase that started in Airway Heights at Northern Quest Casino Tuesday night.
SPANGLE, Wash. - Spokane County Fire District 3 Crews are monitoring a still-burning fire in Spangle, which broke out early Tuesday morning. Spokane FD 3 officials say the fire broke out early Tuesday morning and because there are live electric wires running to both the barn and the home nearby.
ELK, Wash – It was a search that lasted nearly 24 hours, and now, it's over. The Pend Orielle County Sheriff's Department says just before 9 p.m. Sunday, Matthew Swancara, 24, stabbed his own mother to death. He took off in his father's 2001 Suzuki, and deputies believed he might have left the state. READ THE ENTIRE PRESS RELEASE INSIDE OF THE STORY>>>
UPDATE: The Spokane County Medical Examiner has just released the name of the man killed in an officer-involved shooting early Tuesday morning. He has been identified as 52-year-old Jacob I. Dorfman. READ THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE INSIDE OF THE STORY>>>
UPDATE: After further investigation Major Crime Detectives have arrested 25-year-old Brian Reinhart and 42-year-old Dwayne Hackley for the crime of 1st Degree Assault.
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A SWAT situation temporarily shut down roads and called multiple law enforcement agencies out in the early morning hours Thursday, but ended safely with no injuries.
SPOKANE, Wash. - A 28-year-old man was hit by a train early Wednesday morning east of downtown Spokane in the area of Sprague and Scott. That man, reportedly drunk at the time, was transported to Sacred Heart with serious head injuries.
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City officials say at least four people have been shot outside the Empire State Building and that the gunman is dead.
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - A gunman opened fire early Friday at a movie theater in a Denver suburb, killing 12 people and leaving at least 38 others injured, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said.
SPOKANE, Wash.- Fire crews responded to a fire in the area of Indiana and Altamont in northeast Spokane Thursday morning. The address is 1738 N. Altamont.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Legendary TV personality Dick Clark, one of the giants of pop culture in the latter half of the 20th century, died Wednesday after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82.
KHQ.COM - Early Friday morning the Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to a reported apartment fire at the Meadow Ridge apartments, 12420 E. Mansfield.
- Officials in northern Idaho say a 1-year-old girl remains hospitalized in critical condition after a weekend accident in which the SUV she was riding in slid into a lake.
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) - Virginia Tech officials say a gunman has been reported on campus. The university issued an alert on its website at 9:37 a.m. local time Thursday telling students and employees to stay inside and secure doors.
Spokane Police were in a standoff at 2900 E. Diamond for over three hours Saturday night. It ended shortly after midnight as a domestic violence call where the suspect is now wanted on Felony charges.
Currently in Spokane
- 4 people, including one in Spokane, sickened in statewide Salmonella outbreak
- Spokane climber among North Face group likely killed by Banff avalanche
- Meredith Vieira talks about her son, and former KHQ reporter Gabe Cohen's recent engagement
- Pregnant teacher to be laid off by Spokane Public Schools, unsure of future
- Mead School District budget shortfall recommendations include more than 70 positions cut, program closures
- Spokane man sentenced to 30 days in jail for lewd conduct with 15-year-old girl
- Naked toddler in Florida IHOP parking lot leads authorities to passed out adults
- Random customers have been buying this WWII veteran's breakfast in Post Falls every day for at least three years
- Washington deputy killed in line of duty identified as WSU grad, former Whitman County deputy Justin DeRosier
- Spokane Police say missing 12-year-old boy has been found safe.