Find it bar
All this month on KHQ, you’ll see special Success By 6 spots featuring important information about your child’s dental health! February is National Children’s Dental Health Month, and it’s a great time
SPOKANE, Wash. - Organizers of the Spokane's annual Bloomsday Run plan to announce changes to this year's race - including a new race course and a new method of tracking runners' times.
SPOKANE, Wash. - Wylie Patton from Freeman High School was selected Queen of the 2007 Spokane Lilac Festival Royal Court on February 11 at the Spokane Masonic Center.
With the 30th Bloomsday fast approaching, if you haven't started already, it's time to get fit for the big race. Join Amy Bouska as she runs, works out, eats right and learns from the pro's about how to get ready for the big run.
SPOKANE, Wash. - It's expected 45,000 people will crowd onto Riverside Avenue for the start of the yearly Bloomsday race this year. But this year the race is going more hi-tech.
SPOKANE, Wash. - If you still haven't registered for Bloomsday and you still want to run - or walk - you can still do it. It'll just cost you more. The deadline came and went, and a late registration fee of $30 now applies. You can sign up online, or do late-regisration in-person at the Ag-Trade Center on May 5-6 just before the race.
SPOKANE, Wash. - In a joint effort, Comcast and KHQ-TV will televise the 69th annual Spokane Lilac Festival Armed Forces Torchlight Parade live on Saturday, May 19 beginning at 7:45pm.
TOP MALE RUNNERS 2006 LILAC BLOOMSDAY RUN (List as of 5/2/06) 101 - - Gilbert Okari . . . 27 . . . from Kenya . . . 2nd Place Bloomsday 2005 in a time of 34:39 . . . 2nd in balloting for 2005 World
SPOKANE, Wash. - Thousands of Bloomsday participants will be able to do something they've never been able to do: watch themselves cross the finish line on the Internet. KHQ Right Now has posted video of the finish line with the finish time at the top of the screen.
SPOKANE, Wash. – Saul Mendoza won the Men’s Elite Wheelchair division of the 2006 Lilac Bloomsday Run on Sunday. Mendoza’s win is his 9th straight Bloomsday victory, although it is not a course record. Mendoza has more than 200 wins over the course of his career.
SPOKANE, Wash. - Better safe than sorry. Emergency response plans are in place for Sunday's Bloomsday Run should anything happen to any of the 100,000 people gathered in downtown Spokane.
SPOKANE, Wash. - With check-in and late registration in full-swing at the Spokane Ag Trade Center in downtown Spokane, officials are estimating that the final count for this year’s Lilac Bloomsday Run may top 45,000.
One of the most notable changes to Bloomsday this year was the advent of the timing chip. Each participant was given a computer chip that electronically recorded their start and finish times. How would you grade the timing chips?
New at Bloomsday this year - a new finish line. Instead of finishing near the County Courthouse, runners (and walkers) finished on the north end of the Monroe Street Bridge, then walked across the bridge to get their T-shirts. How would you grade the new finish line?
Bloomsday changed the start of the race this year. The location was moved up a few blocks, and everyone started at different times in the same spot. How would you grade the stating line?
Currently in Spokane
- PICTURES: Officials call it the "thunderstorm of a decade," here are pictures KHQ viewers have taken
- Armed Idahoans say CdA protest presence was "to ensure what happened in Spokane, didn't happen here"
- KHQ EXCLUSIVE: Mother calls for full investigation after son's arrest by Spokane Police
- HELP ME HAYLEY: Spokane County couple quarantined on cruise ship hit with massive phone bill
- KHQ EXCLUSIVE: "It was just the right thing to do": Spokane man stops looters at Nike store break-in
- Spokane Police release list of arrests made following Sunday chaos
- Gov. Inslee activates National Guard in response to protests in Seattle
- EXCLUSIVE: Video seen by hundreds of thousands of KHQ viewers helps ID man with Molotov cocktail at Sunday riots
- 'His nurse told me he cries out for me': Spokane Valley woman struggling to get regular visits with terminally ill husband
- FOUND: Wapato Police find 3-year-old and her father who is suspected of taking her