The Museum of North Idaho is open for the 2019 season with three new exhibits. On display for the summer are: New Land, New Life: Immigrants Shaped Our Region
and Keeping History Alive: a display of new acquisitions. The third exhibit is part of the permanent collection and was created by Friends of the Spokane House: Explorers and Fur Trade.
The Museum is a repository of over 35,000 photographs from Kootenai, Shoshone, and Benewah Counties. Permanent exhibits include The Ice Age Flood, The Coeur d'Alene Indians, Forestry and Fire Lookouts, Logging, Mining, Pioneer Life and Steamboats on Lake Coeur d'Alene. A 20-minute video on the history of the area continues throughout each day.
The Museum of North Idaho in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, is located adjacent to Coeur d'Alene City Park at 115 Northwest Blvd. Museum hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11 am-5 pm, April 2 through Oct. 31. A free one-hour parking pass can be requested at the Museum desk.
Admission is $4.00 for adults, $1.00 for children 6-16, and children under 6 are free. There is a family rate of $10.00 for two adults and children under 16. Members are admitted free. The Museum Store is stocked with wide selection of regional history books and gifts. Contact the Museum for special openings and for group tours. Regularly scheduled historic walking tours with Robert Singletary will begin in June when the weather improves, but special tours of four or more can be scheduled through the Museum. (208) 664-3448
As part of ArtWalk Coeur d'Alene, the 2nd Friday evening of each month is FREE, 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Tue, Oct 1, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Wed, Oct 2, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Thu, Oct 3, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Fri, Oct 4, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Sat, Oct 5, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Tue, Oct 8, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Wed, Oct 9, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Thu, Oct 10, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Fri, Oct 11, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Sat, Oct 12, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Tue, Oct 15, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Wed, Oct 16, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Thu, Oct 17, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Fri, Oct 18, 2019 @ 11:00 am
Currently in Spokane
- "I am reeling from the loss": Friends and family remember those lost in Lake Coeur d'Alene mid-air crash
- Kootenai County Sheriff's Office identifies some victims of Lake Coeur d'Alene mid-air plane crash
- WSP: 21-year-old Spokane woman killed in early morning DUI crash
- Individual who tested positive for COVID-19 being held in Spokane County Jail after refusing to self-isolate
- Spokane property manager searching for answers after finding one of her properties already rented out
- WSP: Endangered Missing Person Advisory canceled after four Montana children located safely
- Mary Kay Letourneau, former Seattle-area teacher convicted of raping student she later married, dies at 58
- Two more Spokane eateries temporarily closing down after positive COVID tests
- "I want to thank him. Because that was my family." Mother who lost family in CdA plane crash talks to KHQ
- KHQ EXCLUSIVE: Spokane Symphony administrator fired for online posts about COVID-19 and BLM
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.