KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - A tractor-trailer hauling pig intestine has dumped its load across a downtown highway in Kansas City, Missouri.
The Missouri Department of Transportation tweeted that at least three lanes of westbound Interstate 670 were closed Thursday because of the spill, and that an emergency response truck with a snow plow blade was sent to the scene to help clean up the mess.
Transportation officials urged drivers to, "Find an alternate snout. Sorry, alternate route."
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
As featured on
Currently in Spokane
- KHQ Investigates: Why was an Airway Heights Corrections inmate housed in the same cell as his sister's rapist?
- Prosecutor reviewing charges after couple confronts teenagers for not wearing masks at Post Falls Walmart
- Spokane Public Schools to start 2020-21 academic year with distance learning
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Lake Coeur d'Alene plane crash that killed 8
- Additional 7 coronavirus-related deaths reported in Spokane County Monday
- North Idaho restaurants share frustration over customers' rude behavior regarding COVID restrictions
- Q6 Cold Case: Remains of the ‘Missing Wedding Guest’ found in Stevens County
- Spokane County tops another one-day record of new coronavirus cases with 146 reported today
- 7-year-old boy drowns in Sandpoint, was not wearing life jacket
- Q6 Cold Case: “Murder on Main Street”
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.