Coyotes rarely attack humans but one seemingly came out of nowhere and viciously attacked a police officer in Ohio and it was caught on video.
Officer James Tripp was helping a stranded motorist in Columbus Thursday night when the coyote attacked, biting him several times.
The officer punched the coyote but had to call for backup. They used a taser but that didn't stop the angry coyote. So they eventually had to use a gun to humanely put the animal down.
The officer was taken to a hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
As featured on
Currently in Spokane
- Spokane sushi restaurant under scrutiny after videos of apparent kitchen violations surface on Facebook
- Cruise ship turned away from four countries finally docks in Cambodia, former Spokane couple onboard
- Central Valley HS student succumbs to injuries from I-90 Post Falls crash
- QQ Sushi & Kitchen owner fires two employees after release of videos showing apparent kitchen violations
- Patients' lives at risk: State investigation shows disturbing reports of abuse, neglect at Post Falls nursing home
- Teenager in bulletproof vest arrested after making "concerning comments" in CDA business
- WSP Trooper discovers suspect produces music while driving semi truck
- "Help Save Simba": Spokane puppy in need of lifesaving measures after being found in garbage bag
- Verizon customer's service restored following outage from "fiber issue"
- South Carolina girl found dead, days after going missing
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.