Currently in Spokane
Extreme Science with Radical Rick: Articulated Grabber
- Fact Check: Is a business asking for proof of COVID-19 vaccination a HIPAA violation?
- Woman shot and killed in Spokane after road rage incident
- Horse surgeon makes life-saving call minutes before Spokane horse is euthanized
- BREAKING: 1 person transported to hospital after shooting in North Spokane
- "Being a landlord is not something I would advise anyone to do right now"; Landlords fear eviction moratorium being abused
- 'It could've been anybody's child': Coeur d'Alene family grieves following 15-year-old boy's suspected accidental overdose
- All lanes of SR 395 blocked due to head-on crash between motorcycle and vehicle
- Deep sea angler washes up on California beach
- Post Falls Police investigating after parents allege abuse at daycare center
- Teenager suspected of stealing car arrested hours after being released, trying to steal cars from same Spokane dealership
What is going on? The random movement of the wobblebot is caused by the spinning shaft of the motor extending down through the center of your CD. By adding a glob of glue from your hot glue gun, you are not only protecting the floor from scratches, you are also increasing the friction between the floor and the motor shaft. Once the wobblebot is turned on and the shaft begins to spin, the force between the two surfaces will cause the wobblebot to move in one direction.
What you will need: Foam board or cardboard Binoculars (preferably a set that you are allowed to disassemble without getting in trouble) Razor knife (adult use only) Square or straight edge Tape measure Black spray paint Hot glue gun Camera (I used my GoPro since it is small and can be connected to my phone) Adult supervision Optional: Tripod 1/4" MDF or plywood approx. 7"x14" (if using tripod) Mounting hardware to clip into tripod Drill with drill b...
What you will need: One liter bottle of club soda Rubber stopper (make sure it fits into the opening of your one liter bottle) Plastic tubing (approximately 12” in length and about ¼” in diameter) Drill Drill bit (same size as your plastic tubing) Adult supervision Procedure: Drill a hole in the center of the rubber stopper as shown Insert your tubing into the hole so that the bottom end of the tubing is almost touching the bottom of the one liter bo...