– Late last month, our Help Me Hayley was asked to feature a stolen van in her series. The specialty, custom vehicle belongs to a quadriplegic who is currently battling cancer and undergoing chemotherapy. The victim told Hayley the theft was absolutely gut wrenching.
“I’ve had it since 2014,” Jason Tordale said. “It’s my lifeline.”
The van has special customizations designed for Tordale so he can safely drive.
The 2013 Chrysler Town & Country van was taken from the victim’s home near East Boone Ave in Spokane Valley. The victim says he has no idea how the crooks were able to do it.
Currently in Spokane
- New movie begins production in Spokane, hoping to boost local economy
- All miners are out after being stuck thousands of feet underground
- Gov. Inslee issues some guidance on "open air" dining
- City of Spokane says: If you can, stay home
- Woman dies after tree falls on car at 27th and Post on Spokane's South Hill
- Pediatrician at Shriners Hospital in Spokane killed in Windstorm
- School closures and delays on Jan. 14 due to Wednesday's windstorm
- Kootenai County signs disaster declaration
- HELP ME HAYLEY: Spokane couple unknowingly purchases urn at Goodwill, looking for family of the deceased
- Widespread power outages still spread across Inland Northwest following deadly windstorm
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.