A bear cub found badly burned in a massive 2014 Washington wildfire has been killed by a hunter. News outlets report that Rich Beausoleil with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife says a team in September set out to find the den of the black bear nicknamed Cinder because her radio transmitting collar stopped working.
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - Del Monte Foods Inc. has announced a recall of 64,242 cases of fiesta corn seasoned with red and green peppers due to under processing.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina man sentenced to prison for impersonating an Army general is now charged with impersonating a law enforcement officer.
A Smelterville man was found unresponsive in his home and was later pronounced dead after being involved in a collision on I-90 on Fourth of July Pass Tuesday morning.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California regulators are considering a plan to charge a fee for text messaging on mobile phones to help support programs that make phone service accessible to the poor.
One person has died following a collision involving two semi-trucks on I-90 near Sprague, Washington. The Washington State Patrol says the crash happened in the westbound lanes of I-90 about 5 miles east of Sprague in Lincoln County.
SHOSHONE COUNTY, Idaho - Idaho State Police arrested a drug trafficking suspect in Shoshone County driving on I-90 with two juveniles in the car.
Update: The Spokane Valley Traffic Unit is investigating how a vehicle wound up in the south side of the Spokane River Wednesday morning, leaving one woman dead.
WASHINGTON (AP) — After months of debate and negotiation, Congress voted final approval Wednesday to a massive farm bill that will provide more than $400 billion for agriculture subsidies, conservation programs and food aid.
SEATTLE (AP) — After twice finding the state of Washington in contempt for violating her order to provide timely competency services to mentally ill people held in jails, a federal judge has approved a settlement that is designed to ensure people get help before entering the criminal justice…
SAN LORENZO, Calif. (AP) - A man who was possibly trying to burglarize an abandoned Chinese restaurant has been rescued from the grease vent, where officials say he had been trapped for two days.
Currently in Spokane
- Mead woman dies in two-car crash on Highway 2
- One person killed in crash on Highway 395 south of Loon Lake
- Eight alpacas killed by cougar near Riverside State Park
- South Hill, Bonners Ferry Shopko locations among stores set to close
- UPDATE: Jury finds Torrey Gambill, accused of raping woman he met on Tinder, not guilty on all charges
- Thief delivers devastating blow to Spokane dad trying to make it through school
- Tents removed, arrests made as "Camp Hope" gets shut down
- 23-year-old man dies after semi-truck crash on I-90 near Sprague
- Two men arrested for attempted murder after brutal hammer attack in north Spokane County
- Report shows dozens of Jesuit Priests accused of child sex abuse lived and worked in Spokane