Spokane Police say an armed and dangerous suspect they were looking for in the area of Liberty Park has been found dead.
Investigators say around 1:30 A.M a Bureau of Indian Affairs Officer (BIA) attempted a traffic stop on Highway 2 near the Northern Quest Resort and Casino.
The driver refused to stop and a chase started down Highway 2 and eventually moving to I-90. At one point the BIA officer reported that the driver of the vehicle was shooting at him.
Police say the chase ended when the driver got out of his vehicle and ran into Liberty Park.
As officers were setting up a perimeter, they reportedly heard a single gunshot. The driver was found dead a short time later.
No officers were injured and this is currently being investigated as a suicide.
Spokane Police say Major Crimes will be taking over the investigation.
As featured on
Currently in Spokane
- Inslee announces venues can increase capacity by adding "vaccinated only" sections
- Woman allegedly sets home on fire with person inside, watches it burn while sitting in lawn chair
- Family of murder victim Makayla Young asking for community support, impact statements ahead of sentencing
- Search for Idaho woman Deb Hendrichs ends after body is found
- 'History repeating itself:' Grandmother tips hat to faith after losing husband to COVID, fear of losing pregnant daughter
- Sheriff: Girl shoots 3 at Idaho school; teacher disarms her
- 2 students, 1 custodian shot at Idaho middle school, male student in custody
- Governor Inslee putting a two-week pause on reopening plan, all counties staying in current phases
- One downtown restaurant is dealing with more than pandemic problems
- UPDATE: Kennewick Police arrest suspects after 9 people shot with a BB gun, including a 5-year old girl
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.