SPOKANE, Wash - A man is in custody after threatening to shoot Spokane Police officers.
Police say Friday evening they got a call about a potentially violent domestic incident near Hoffman and Haven in Hillyard.
When Offices arrived they found a man outside a home and began to talk to him. Officers say he threatened to shoot them and went back inside the home.
Officers then stepped back and called for the SWAT team.
Despite being able to talk to the man on the phone, he refused to surrender. SWAT then fired pepper and tear gas into the home.
The suspect then came out and surrendered without further incident.
As featured on
Currently in Spokane
- PICTURES: Officials call it the "thunderstorm of a decade," here are pictures KHQ viewers have taken
- Gov. Inslee activates National Guard in response to protests in Seattle
- 30 more COVID-19 cases confirmed, Spokane Co. Health Officer says phase 3 entry "very unlikely" in two weeks
- Curfew enacted for downtown Spokane until 5am, Sheriff requests assistance from the National Guard
- Three ways Spokane Public Schools classrooms could look in Fall 2020
- National Weather Service issues watches and warnings for Inland Northwest
- Nearly 3,000 homes and businesses are without power following severe storms
- KHQ EXCLUSIVE: "It was just the right thing to do": Spokane man stops looters at Nike store break-in
- Washington officials confirm state's first sighting of Giant Asian Hornet in 2020
- Spokane County will keep offices closed on Monday due to protests turned riots
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.