MOSES LAKE, Wash - 'Modern Day Daredevil' Alex Harvill is in the hospital with serious injuries after crashing while attempting a world-record jump.
Harvill was attempting to jump 351 feet.
Before the jump Harvill rode around, spoke with the crowd and did a couple practice jumps.
Video of the jump appears to show Harvill landing short and was thrown from his bike.
Medics rushed to his side and took him to the hospital a short time later.
The Moses Lake Airshow released the following statement:
We regret to report today at our first event of the airshow - the Guinness World Record Jump Attempt, Alex Harvill was injured during his warm-up before the jump and has been taken to the hospital. We do not have more information at this time regarding the incident.
Our hearts are with Alex and his family, and wish him a speedy recovery. All proceeds from today’s jump will be donated to Alex to contribute to his medical expenses.
This is a breaking news story. Check back with KHQ Local news for updates.
Currently in Spokane
- Spokane streets to close down Friday as 9,000 people make their way downtown for various events
- Washington State Patrol outlines geographical breakdown of troopers lost due to vaccine mandate
- SPD responds to three shootings overnight, man dies after being shot multiple times downtown
- Health panel suspends Washington physician assistant's license after alleged ivermectin prescription,
- Spokane Mayor Nadine Woodward issues statement regarding vaccine mandate impact
- Rare grizzly bear confirmed in northern Idaho forest
- Reported structure fire north of Spokane drawing sizable police presence
- WSU terminates head coach Nick Rolovich, other unvaccinated assistants
- Bonner County man’s murder described as ‘overkill,’ family desperate for justice
- FBI confirms human remains found in Florida reserve belong to Brian Laundrie
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.