Eric Barriere was thought to be one of the most explosive and dynamic offensive players in the country heading into a 2020 season that was ultimately delayed and essentially cut in half this past spring.
Winning a pivotal fifth game on a truncated six-game schedule alleviated some stress for Eastern Washington, perhaps more than the pressure its come-from-behind 38-31 win over Idaho at Roos Field on Saturday provided.
The future of Eastern Washington University’s athletics department will not be decided by Director of Athletics Lynn Hickey.
March Madness Twitter was abuzz last month as the Eastern Washington University men’s basketball team nearly made history.
Eastern Washington was thrown for a loop when a fifth-string quarterback and a completely different brand of Idaho offense stepped on Roos Field’s blazing red turf.
In well matched opponents, the challenge of winning multiple times seems to increase exponentially with the number of competitions.
Instead of patrolling the sidelines during the Eastern Washington football team’s season opener, Eagles coach Aaron Best paced in front of his television, at home.
DAVIS, Calif. – Eric Barriere threw two of his three touchdowns to Tamolo Limu-Jones – including a 77-yarder in the third quarter – and Eastern Washington never trailed in its 32-22 win over UC Davis on Saturday in a matchup between two of the top teams in the FCS.
The Big Sky football season is past its midpoint, and on Saturday the ninth-ranked Eastern Washington Eagles face their highest-ranked conference foe – on the road – in UC Davis.
Beau Baldwin hasn’t coached at Roos Field in Cheney in more than four years, but he will do so again on Saturday – and he’s bringing a convocation of former Eagles players and coaches with him.
BOSTON — The New England Patriots have agreed to terms on a three-year, $22.5 million contract with free agent receiver Kendrick Bourne.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — The San Francisco 49ers have agreed on a two-year contract with free agent edge rusher and former Eastern Washington standout Samson Ebukam.
So the Big Sky Conference has promised action in the wake of the Great Doink Debacle in Moscow on Saturday.
MOSCOW, Idaho – Idaho quarterback Mike Beaudry connected with Hayden Hatten on a 25-yard touchdown pass in the final minute Saturday to lift Idaho past 12th-ranked Eastern Washington 28-21 at the Kibbie Dome.
If it wasn’t a rivalry before – the term appears to be subjective among different generations of Eastern Washington and Idaho purists – it’s headed that way.
Preseason accolades have been coming at Eric Barriere like a blitzing linebacker.
Eastern Washington football coach Aaron Best has tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss the Eagles’ season-opening game at Idaho on Saturday, the school announced Thursday.
If Ty Graham got what he wanted, the Eastern Washington linebacker would have already exhausted his eligibility.
Weeks before Eastern Washington is slated to open its delayed, six-game late-winter/spring Football Championship Subdivision season at rival Idaho, a third Eagles assistant coach has resigned.
Currently in Spokane
- Pregnant woman, man in critical condition following head-on collision
- Inslee announces venues can increase capacity by adding "vaccinated only" sections
- At least two victims confirmed in Tukwila Southcenter Mall shooting
- Spokane man a million dollars richer after a visit from Publishers Clearing House
- Woman allegedly sets home on fire with person inside, watches it burn while sitting in lawn chair
- Killer of 24-year-old Spokane Woman at Rodeway Inn enters guilty plea
- Family of murder victim Makayla Young asking for community support, impact statements ahead of sentencing
- Spokane homeowners say this isn't the first time a car has crashed into their house
- 'See something, say something': Spokane Police quickly nab suspected thief thanks to neighborhood vigilance
- Inadvertent 'ghosting' leads Moses Lake man on a journey to find 'Danielle'