SPOKANE, Wash. - Court documents obtained by KHQ have shed more light on a video showing a man lighting a Molotov cocktail amid the chaos of Sunday's riots in downtown Spokane.
According to the documents, law enforcement was alerted to the video when it was posted on KHQ.com. The next day, Spokane Police Department Dispatch received information from the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office identifying the suspect as Gene Gallagher.
As featured on
Currently in Spokane
- "I am reeling from the loss": Friends and family remember those lost in Lake Coeur d'Alene mid-air crash
- Individual who tested positive for COVID-19 being held in Spokane County Jail after refusing to self-isolate
- Kootenai County Sheriff's Office identifies some victims of Lake Coeur d'Alene mid-air plane crash
- WSP: 21-year-old Spokane woman killed in early morning DUI crash
- Two more Spokane eateries temporarily closing down after positive COVID tests
- Spokane property manager searching for answers after finding one of her properties already rented out
- WSP: Endangered Missing Person Advisory canceled after four Montana children located safely
- Mary Kay Letourneau, former Seattle-area teacher convicted of raping student she later married, dies at 58
- "I want to thank him. Because that was my family." Mother who lost family in CdA plane crash talks to KHQ
- Refusal to wear a mask is grounds for refusal of service in Washington
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.