The FBI is offering up to $10,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of a serial bank robber dubbed the "Double Hat Bandit." The man, who wears two hats during his crimes, is responsible for at least 13 bank robberies inside grocery stores in Washington, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and Colorado. He is believed to be responsible for three bank robberies in Spokane this year: two on January 3, and one on June 27. The FBI is working with the Spokane Police Department to investigate. If you recognize him or have any information, please call the FBI tipline at (801) 579-6480.
Currently in Spokane
- "Unfortunately the party is over:" Spokane Valley bar closed again days after defying stay-home order
- 31 positive COVID-19 cases reported at Spokane macaroni plant; SRHD says outbreak is contained
- Spokane Regional Health District says spike in new virus cases is result of contained outbreak
- "Spokane is open for business:" Spokane County gets approval to move into Phase 2
- Spokane County sees first double-digit increase in daily COVID-19 cases since April 24
- Spokane County has 10 more confirmed COVID-19 cases, bringing 5-day total to 78
- Video shows Costco customer arguing with employee over mask policy
- "I took a skillet and beat a man's head until his soul left his body": Court docs shed light on downtown Spokane murder
- NorthTown, Spokane Valley malls set to reopen on Tuesday
- Here is a list of restaurants that are open for business
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.