Coeur d'Alene, ID- A report distributed today by an Idaho State Fire Marshall shows that tear gas was the source of a house fire on July 12, 2006.  The canister first ignited the fabric covering and foam cushions of a couch in the residence. 

On the night of July 11, 2006 Coeur d' Alene Fire Department was requested by Coeur d' Alene Police Department to standby for a subject who barricaded himself in a house at 1517 E. Satre. At approximately 2:14 a.m., the fire department was advised to advance to the structure as a fire had started in the house after an injection of tear gas. As the fire department advanced, the fire quickly consumed the entire south end of the structure and extended into the attic area.