SPOKANE, Wash. -- Gonzaga University announced on Monday that it will require all fans age 12 and older be vaccinated for COVID-19 or present proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of the event. They will also enforce the same policy with their student-athletes, coaches, and staff.
Gonzaga said that this move is in accordance with federal, state, and local health guidelines and was made to provide "a safe environment for our student-athletes, coaches, staff, and spectators."
They outlined the specific changes below:
- Fans ages 12 and older are required to provide proof of vaccination, including a CDC-issued Vaccination Record Card (or photo of the card) to enter ticketed Athletic events.
- Fans ages 12 and older who cannot provide proof of vaccination may present proof of negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours instead of proof of vaccination.
- Fans ages 11 and under do not need to provide proof of negative COVID-19 test.
- Fans over the age of 5, regardless of vaccination status, must wear face mask coverings over their nose and mouth while inside the venue. Masks may be adjusted while actively eating or drinking.
- Gonzaga University students, faculty and staff can show their valid University ID as proof of compliance with the University’s COVID-19 campus vaccination policy.
This policy will be evaluated as federal, state, and local guidance is revised.