The concerns surrounding Rep. Matt Shea is just the tip of the iceberg, according to Beva Miles, the chair of the Republicans of Spokane County.
She and many other local Republicans are disagreeing with Rep. Matt Shea, but Miles said they've distanced themselves from Shea for almost a decade - much before the recent allegations surrounding the Spokane Valley representative.
According to Miles, Spokane County's GOP is being heavily influenced with Christian extremism, which includes the same ideals laid out in Rep. Shea's leaked biblical manifesto.
As featured on
Currently in Spokane
- PICTURES: Officials call it the "thunderstorm of a decade," here are pictures KHQ viewers have taken
- Armed Idahoans say CdA protest presence was "to ensure what happened in Spokane, didn't happen here"
- KHQ EXCLUSIVE: "It was just the right thing to do": Spokane man stops looters at Nike store break-in
- Gov. Inslee activates National Guard in response to protests in Seattle
- 30 more COVID-19 cases confirmed, Spokane Co. Health Officer says phase 3 entry "very unlikely" in two weeks
- EXCLUSIVE: Video seen by hundreds of thousands of KHQ viewers helps ID man with Molotov cocktail at Sunday riots
- Prepare for severe thunderstorms tonight
- FOUND: Wapato Police find 3-year-old and her father who is suspected of taking her
- Curfew enacted for downtown Spokane until 5am, Sheriff requests assistance from the National Guard
- 'His nurse told me he cries out for me': Spokane Valley woman struggling to get regular visits with terminally ill husband
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.