Longhorn Suffers Smoke Damage

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Units from the Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to call for smoke in a building at the Longhorn Bar-B-Que at 2315 N. Argonne Saturday night. First in units discovered the restaurant full of smoke and customers. The customers were safely evacuated while the firefighters investigated the source of the smoke.

25 firefighters responded to the scene with 5 engines, a Ladder, and a Rescue Truck. There were no injuries to the customers, restaurant staff or firefighters.

Investigation of the kitchen area discovered that the wood fired roasting exhaust equipment could not handle the amount of smoke that was being produced while a large amount of meat cooked. The smoke then filled up the business prompting the 911 call.

There was no apparent structural damage to the building. The building did suffer smoke damage throughout. It is not known at this time what the dollar loss could be. The Spokane County Health Department was notified and will determine if there any loss to the food in the restaurant.

Recommended for you