SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Firefighters say one person was burned and had to be hospitalized in a fire at the Resident Court Apartments at 5th and Jefferson late Friday night.
One witness says he heard the fire alarm and went out of his apartment, and instantly saw flames and smoke coming from another unit on the 3rd floor.
It took firefighters about an hour to get everything under control. They say the fire was contained to the single apartment where it broke out, but it destroyed everything inside the unit. Investigators are at the hospital, talking to the person who was burned, as they try to figure out what started the fire.
Because the building is cement, firefighters say the other units are all safe. While the building was evacuated, everyone was eventually able to go back inside.