MERIDIAN, Idaho - Law enforcement officers from agencies across Idaho gathered Friday at the Idaho Peace Officers Memorial for the annual Idaho Peace Officers Memorial Ceremony. The annual event honors officers killed in the line of duty.
Also on the Web
Special recognition was given toLee S. Newbill
of the Moscow Police Department, killed May 19, 2007 during a shooting rampage. He was the 64th officer to be added to the memorial.
Five officers were recognized with Medals of Honor for their heroism during the shooting in in which Newbill was killed.
Moscow Police Department: Officer Jesse Applehans
Latah County Sheriffs Office: Sergeant Phil Gray, Sergeant Brannon Jordan, Deputy Ryan Stiller and Deputy Jay Waters.
Boise Police Department: Officer Brek Orton was presented the Medal of Honor for a water rescue he perfomed.
Order of Ceremony
- Flyover - Scottie's Fly by Team
- Missing man pitch out in honor of Lee S. Newbill
- Procession of Officers
- National Anthem - Emmett High School Band
- Raising of Flags, Idaho Fish & Game Honor Guard
- Invocation - Assistant Pastor David Potts, Treasure Valley Baptist Church
- Master of Ceremonies - Chief William Augsburger, Nampa Police Department
- Keynote Speaker - Chief Dan Weaver, Moscow Police Department Sheriff Wayne Rausch, Latah County Sheriff's Office
- Song - "Call the Man" by Vicki Harber, Idaho Fish & Game
- Roll Call of Fallen Officers - Chief Dan Weaver & Sheriff Wayne Rausch
Taps - Max Bearden
- Scholarship Award - John Parmann, President Idaho Peace Officers' Memorial
- Medal of Honor Presentations
Benediction - Assistant Pastor David Potts, Treasure Valley Baptist Church
- Amazing Grace - Boise Police Bagpipe Band
Rifle Volley - Idaho State Police Honor Guard